What's new
World Wide Stereo

YAMAHA RX-V2095 vs newer amps (1 Viewer)

David GUI

Auditioning
I've got a chance to pick up a used RX-V2095 for a pretty good price. But price not being EVERYTHING, I'm wondering how much has changed in this last few years with Yamaha amps?

How does this old amp compare with say the RX-V2300 or RX-V1400? (I'm trying to keep my amp purchase well under $1000.) What will I be missing out on if I get the 2095?

728x90

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Grab it while you can... the 2095 is a very good unit and probably my fav out of all the Yams I've owned or setup for others. I actually sold mine to upgrade to the V1 and found I spent a LOT of money for very little difference, if any.
I don't buy in to the bright/warm thing.... all I can say is the 2095 is strong and clean. Even though it is 5.1, it would still be a workhorse worth owning........
Go for it....

David Judah

Screenwriter
Around how much are you talking about? You can get alot of receiver brand new for around $400-$500 and have all the latest decoding like DPL II/x, newer processors, converters, and 7 amp channels.

I agree the 2095 was a good unit, but it is a bit long in the tooth. I'd look into some new models first.

Good luck,

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks