What's new
World Wide Stereo

Yamaha RX-V1400 @ C&E (1 Viewer)

Daniel_S

Agent
I was looking around for a reciever, and found a Yamaha RX-V1400 at camerasandelectronics.com for a nice price. Has anybody here dealt with these guys? I checked their reseller rating and it only has 2 reviews, though both are very positive.

TIA:emoji_thumbsup:

728x90

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, they have to be an authorized dealer to carry the RXV line, so I would say you don't have too many worries. I'd say check with the BBB to see if there are any complaints, and/or give them a call and ask them about return policies, etc...

Note also that the ad lists 1400, but specs out the 1300, so there may be a typo there. I think that price is for the 1300.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
No they don't have to be an authorized reseller to carry the RX-V line! Etronics carries the RX-V1400 and they are not an authorized reseller. Read this on the Yamaha website before you purchase the receiver; it basically says that if you don't buy it from an authorized reseller you can kiss your manufacturer's 2 year warranty goodbye:
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/warranti.htm

Here's a list of authorized internet Yamaha resellers:
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/dealer.htm

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's interesting. I read a thread yesterday that said they had to be an authorized dealer to carry the RXV line (I didn't check Yamaha to see if they were) Does that mean these places are selling off overstock, etc... or are they selling these new? (Marantz, Denon and I believe H/K have the same policy regarding authorized dealers). In other words, how do they get these units?

One of the reasons I didn't buy from Etronics is because they are not an authorized dealer for the items I was looking for. Thanks.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Nope, they definitely do not have to be authorized to carry the RX-V line and not even the RX-Z line: http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=yamrxv1400

I don't know how they get the stock, there are a lot of theories out there: overstock, buyouts, etc. Lots of manufacturer's have the "no warranty if not bought at authorized reseller" policy, but I know for a fact that Harman Kardon is not one of them. If I was going to buy a receiver online, I would've bought an H/K for that reason, but I opted to buy the Yamaha RX-V2400 from a local retailer cuz the price was very good and it is the superior receiver IMO.

from HK website:

AUTHORIZED ONLINE RETAILERS
Below is a list of online retailers that are authorized to sell our products. We are aware of a number of unauthorized Internet sites selling our products, some of whom even claim to have been authorized by us. We are also aware of unauthorized dealers who take customers' orders, charge their credit cards and yet do not have our merchandise in stock to deliver. Only a select few sites have been authorized, and they can be found here.

If you buy our products from an unauthorized dealer:

-We are not obligated to cover you under our warranty policy.
-We may not be able to help you if you have a problem with the unauthorized dealer.
-You may be buying a counterfeit of one of our products.

Daniel_S

Agent
Ok guys, I checked both the H/K and Yamaha website and came up with four retailers that look ok.
-vanns
-crutchfield
-jandr
-HarmonAudio for Harmon Kardon

The 1400 is pretty highly priced at jandr, so that is pretty much out. Basically, right now I am considering these receivers:

-H/K AVR 330
-H/K AVR 325
-Pioneer VSX-D912K
-Yamaha RX-V740

I am well aware of the price differences. Which of these recievers would be the best choice? I will likely be getting a pair of Axiom M60ti tower speakers, if that matters. Feel free to offer any input or suggest other recievers, I will not be making any purchases for a few months. Keep in mind that I would not like to go above $600, but I will if it's an OUTSTANDING value. :D

TIA
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks