What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

XBOX - timesplitters 2...a disapointment... (1 Viewer)

John B.

Stunt Coordinator
Is it just me or do others feel the same way...I had played this game on a demo disc (1st siberia level). That one was pretty good (still not as good as Goldeneye on the N64 5 yrs ago..ha...but fun enough)...

So after i finished that level, and get to the next one where i'm in the 1930's gangster era...it seems like a totally different game...All the rooms/areas look the same and it has lost my interest.

Are any of the remaining levels worth playing? Compared to the 1st let's say...

Also, if so, are there cheat codes to get me there so i can bypass the lame ones?

Thanks in advance.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There are 10 levels, plus the multiplayer stuff. I suggest going through the Arena stuff in multiplayer and the challenges.

And yes, there are some really good levels, but on the harder difficulties they become really painful to get through.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Each level is a completely different scenario. The game is a like a collection of demos for fps games based on the same engine. Very disappointing, IMO.

-Dave

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I consider the timesplitters series very over-rated. I bought the original TS for the ps2 at launch and except for the multi-player thought I had paid full price for a work-in-progress.

I hate the controls, the story elements are fairly lame, and basically I lost any other interest when they made the decision not to go online with TS2.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Well TS2 came out before Unreal/Ghost Recon/Medal of Honor so it was a favorite of mine in the First Person Shooter catagory.

Yes, the levels are each very different. Like they held a contest and took the best levels from a bunch of different people. Some are head-on shooters, others have a "Splinter Cell" type of feel.

While level-to-level's are inconsistant, it shows that the game engine is very flexable. I like being able to pick different weapon sets for different levels. The game includes a level-editor so you can create your own arena's. I've not used it, but the second or third week it was out I was at a Starbucks and heard the clerk talking about a map he was creating for a video game. "What game still makes you draw maps?" I asked him. He explained: "no, it's a level for Time Splitters on my XBox.".

So this game has some quiet potential that I think us un-tapped.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
The game was so close to being great in my book. Xbox Live would have done a lot for it and the aim control could have been improved. I just never could adjust to it and I would take Halo like aimer over it any day.
THanks

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know, I think the game is awesome. The control scheme for the Xbox isn't that great though, it's much easier to control on the Cube and Playstation.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
This is still, IMO, the best fps out there.

It boggles my mind to hear people say they don't like the control scheme when YOU CAN FULLY CUSTOMIZE what buttons do what function.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think its a real tragedy that it didn't go online (except for the TS2O program that allows you to get it online). This game really does rock.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
If I recall this game was in general very well regarded from a multiplayer perspective, not so much for the single player game. TS3 is coming and I have to assume it will get the XBL treatment.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Yeah, TS3 is one of the few games I am looking foward to. There has been a pretty big drought as of late, saving them up for the holidays I guess. I've played TS2 on all 3 systems, and I prefer the gamecube controller (runs a little smoother too) so hopefully it will be a LAN game for the cube and can be used on the warp pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks