What's new

xbox now has a 480p dash! (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
you have to enable the progressive scan dash by pressing both triggers and clicking both thumsticks while you are in the dashboard..this is great for me because my HD inputs don't accept 480i..

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
i'm referring to all xbox's..with xbox live 3.0 you can now have a 480p dash..3.0 live is the latest download..

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Funny how this isn't mentioned in any of Microsoft's press releases about the new Live update or covered at all in Xbox.com. I did find a thread in their forums discussing it. Must say that it is about friggin time.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This is a great thing for those of us with the VGA adapter. No more flippin dip switches!!!

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
damn right..this is a much anticipated update for alot of people..not having an option for a 480p dash just didn't make sense..

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
So if they can update to make the dash 480p, why cant they make an update to make the DVD player progressive as well? And wouldnt it be a sweet update to kinda make the XBOX an HTPC kinda, having the onboard graphics chip and memory upscale your DVDs for you? I would think that would be possible through a firmware download or so, but I may be mistaken.

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
sean I know the "hackers" can enable progressive scan on DVD's..there was a news release awhile ago that stated the xbox could do proscan on DVD's with a simple software upgrade..doubt we'd ever see it though..i'm just happy I can see my dash now lol..

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
yes..go into the dash and hit em all at the same time..your screen should change..I went all the way into my video settings and did it, cus I thought you had to..I then tried it at the XBL dash and it worked fine there also..if it doesn't work at the XBL dash go all the way into the video settings (where you enable 480p, 1080i, etc) and do it there..

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes. There may be a slight lag for it to kick in, but you shouldn't have to do it every time.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Is this for XBOX Live only?
I tried it on mine last night and didn't see any difference.
I'm not on XBOX Live.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes, you need to have XBL, otherwise how would the dash get upgraded? I imagine XBox Magazine will include it in one of its demo discs.

AlbertA

Stunt Coordinator

Well, yes and no.
You don't need to be subscribed to XBL to get the dash update. I'm not currently subscribed to XBL and I got the upgrade. Of course, you need to have the XBOX connected to the internet.

Brad_C

Auditioning
I think I read somewhere that we won't get progressive scan dvd playback because it would have cost MS money to put the DVD logo on the Xbox.... or something like that. Anyone hear something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks