"Xanadu" on WE: content advisory?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Peter McM, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I am a DirecTV subscriber. This past Saturday night I caught Xanadu (one of my favorite "bad" movies:b ) on the Womens' Entertainment channel. Get this: the content advisory after the synopsis on the receiver said adult content, adult language, and nudity!

Is there something in this film I've been missing?

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    The "N" was an advisory that none of the characters in the film would be wearing clothing made from Natural fibers. [​IMG]

Regards,

3. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    You never saw the Unrated version where are the Muses make out after they come out of the wall?

4. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

I thought perhaps there would be a warning about what a klutz Olivia Newton-John was while rolling skating with and without Gene Kelly! [​IMG]

5. larry mac

larry mac Stunt Coordinator

Peter Kline,

Is that Forest Gump in your Home Theater?

6. Kenny_H

Kenny_H Stunt Coordinator

Lol at Mikel! Beleive me there is no 'unrated' content in Xanadu! I showed it for 3 months as a theater projectionist on it's inital run. I remember every scene & musical number. I even own it on laser disc. I also saw about 30 min of it on Dish Network with NO nudity! Go figure!

7. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Maybe they figured that because it's an 80s title, something nasty is contained within...

More than 60% of 80s movies were rated "R"

WE, being part of the same nucleus as AMC and Bravo, wouldn't be thought of as showing movies uncensored. On all 3 channels, the films are edited.

That could be changing, though...I was channel-surfing and caught the finale of "Fatal Attraction" (the version where Anne Archer pulls the gun on Glenn Close in the bathtub) on AMC. All the violence was intact, down to the blood smear on the wall.

Looping back to WE, they recently aired "16 Candles" with a TV-MA rating. If my calculations are correct, that means that Haviland Morris' nude scene and all the vulgar language and dialogue ("They fucking forgot my birthday") remained intact.

Did anybody view this so they can verify as to whether it was edited or not?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'm a TCM person myself.

8. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey