What's new

X-Files S8 pushed to 11/25 (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Thanks for the news.I am actually happy with this release date change because i allready had DS9 S6 amongst other things to buy on 11/4.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

I wish it were A LOT cheaper. Having just paid $42.99 for "Smallville", $37.99 for "E.R." and an average of $40 for the last three seasons of "Buffy" (which is the same studio as X-Files) I just can't pay $100 for medicore to bad seasons of "X-Files."

John Simon

Second Unit
If I recall correctly, a Fox rep stated in a HTF chat late last year that there would be no price change for the final 2 seasons of The X-Files.

However, I'm not even sure I'd pay $30 for the final two.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

I'm still hoping poor sales of the last two seasons will convince them to drop the price.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The consumer Fox TV-on-DVD site has made several errors in the past regarding release dates.

Currently the password-protected Fox information system for retailers and press shows the original 11/4 date for X-Files Season 8. No price change, either.

Similarly, the Fox TV-on-DVD site says Lost In Space is due 1/13, but Fox's official info system says 1/6. All of this in spite of Ron Epstein's posts saying that Fox hasn't set any release date at all on that one.

It's all very strange...but I'm sticking with the dates in the info system until and unless someone from Fox comes on here and tells us that they know for a fact the dates in that system are wrong. Which shouldn't be...that's the system whose dates are the ones which retailers use as a guide for putting these items on the shelf! I can't imagine any other date being more definative than that.

So I'm sticking with 11/4 for X-Files S8 and 1/6 for Lost In Space S1 until further notice.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I don't know if I should continue my collection or just end the madness with season 7. This has been a DVD show for me as I've never seen one episode of this show during it's original run on FOX. The general census is that it's terrible but I have faith. What should I do?

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
I actually really liked season 8, but it's not the best and I really wish they would have price dropped it. I thought Doggett was a great addition to the show and it was interesting to see Scully as the believer. I actually liked season 6 and 7 unlike a lot of people (I think some people just have a really narrow view of what the X-Files "should be") Season 9 was just like a soap opera though, save for a few good episodes.

I'm stopping my collection with 8, but I'm waiting a while to get a cheaper used copy.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

I will, but only if I can get it near the afforementioned prices similar to present TV set releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks