X-Files S1-S3

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by SteveVM, Jan 19, 2006.

1. SteveVM

SteveVM Stunt Coordinator

I was at Best Buy tonight and they have marked down S1-S3 to $41.99 each. This is not a sale but regular price.
    These are the original ones, not the new release.

I already have S1-S3 and I am waiting for the rest of the seaosn to come down in price

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Since they're the same sets, I assumed that this would be the case. How could Fox not lower the MSRP on the old sets when the same thing is $50 cheaper only in a different package?

3. Julio Diaz

Julio Diaz Stunt Coordinator

The official price drop on seasons 1-3 is at the end of the month. DDD will have them at under $40 each. Seasons 4-6 have a scheduled price drop a few months later. I assume the entire run will eventually drop its list price.

I have season 1 which I bought on sale several months back only because I got it at over half off (so about this price). I'll definitely be picking up the others now that they're (finally) affordable.

Now, if only Paramount would get a clue and do the same with Star Trek (and I think they might...).

Best,

Julio

4. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

Looks like it's already begun. The new MSRP for the first three seasons of TNG and DS9 is $69.99, and online stores are selling them for ~$50-60.

5. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I thought this was supposed to start on 1/31? Or is that just when the "new" slimline cases are going to debut on shelves? I'm confused...

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The price drop is probably scheduled to start 1/31 but some places have already lowered it. You'll probably see stores the end up breaking the street date for the slim ones too just because they don't realize that it's "new".