What's new

X-files DVDs: Where are the gag reels (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Why aren't these great reels on the DVDs? They're perfect for DVDs and I don't understand why they haven't been put on before? Can someone explain?

~Kevin

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I'm not sure what exactly the case is with The X-Files, but in general, those types of things can be real pains to get cleared by all of the necessary parties. Also, there can tend to be profanity and scatological humor that would cause one to ponder the age-old question: "do I bleep it or do I put a warning label on it".

IMHO, gag reels are perfect Easter Egg fodder. They're fun and not all that germane to the film/TV show in question.

Regards,

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Basically there are 2 reasons

1-People's agents nix them because they think it makes their client look bad, even though the reels have been on the bootleg market for years and many people have seen them. Talent is not usually consulted

2-Agents want tons of extra money for said reels. Again, talent not usually consulted.

Why let the bootleggers have the money? Release the Buffy unaired pilot and all gag reels on TV sets!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks