What's new

WTB: 5-channel amp (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Well, I sold my Acurus A125X5 amp to help finance a new HDTV and I am definately having withdrawl symptoms due to letting it go. Something tells me that I may never be completly satisfied w/ anything else like I was the Acurus. Hopefully I'm wrong. Anyway, I need a very affordable 5-channel amp to power my H/K AVR-320. I think a H/K PA5800 or a Parasound HCA-855A or something along those lines will be fine for now. If you can help, or point me in the right direction, please send me an email. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I happen to have an HK PA5800 that I was planning to offer for sale in the near future. Unfortunately I haven't yet had a chance to decide what I'd like to ask for it, however I'll try to do that soon and then email you...

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
Make sure to post up about the differences you notice with a different amp.. I'm always interested to read about that since I don't have the ability to try out a bunch of different amps myself..

RG

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
You should try the HK 2.1 siganature amp, I use it with the avr-320, and it works great.

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
I was using a HK PA5800 with my HK 320 and brought home a Rotel 1075 for a week-end. After many hours a switching back and forth everyone in my house (kids included) concluded that the Rotel sounded much better than the 5800, both for music and HT.

I've long since sold the 5800 and never did bring the Rotel back to the store....

Of course your results may very, but you owe it to yourself to listen side-by-side before buying.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks