WTB: 5 channel amp in DFW

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Christpher_S, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Christpher_S

Christpher_S Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to find a high quality 5 channel amp with at least 125WPC locally. You guys know the right brands better than I do... Adcom, Parasound, B&K...

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

Chris,

Need to know where you're located to tell if you're local to me (I'm in Los Angeles)

3. Steve Daniels

Steve Daniels Stunt Coordinator

DFW = Dallas/Fort Worth

4. Christpher_S

Steve has it right. I'm in Flower Mound, TX, which is just north of DFW airport. Anyone from this area knows what DFW means, but I probably should have made it clear anyway.

-Chris

5. MichaelJW

MichaelJW Auditioning

Chris,

I live in Keller, TX (about 15 minutes from Flower Mound). I have a B&K Ref 20 and an AV5000 Series II 5 channel amp (125w/ch) which are just being stored at the moment. I am currently using a Ref 50 and a Ref 7250 amp.

Someone is interested in the Ref 20 but I don't think they need the amp. If you're interested or just want more info, respond via this thread or email me with your questions or contact info (email or phone).

Mike

6. Christpher_S

Well crap. I am interested but I think I'm going to buy a more expensive projector than I had planned so I won't have the funds for an amp right now. I was actually about to delete this thread... I'll check back with you when my hobby fund builds back up a little though and see if you still have it.

Thanks,
    Chris

7. MichaelJW

MichaelJW Auditioning

Yeah. You should max the video. You can piece together an audio system anytime.

Good luck!

Mike

8. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

That B&K might work for me bi-amped with H/K 7200 running Polk LSi7's. What are you asking for it? I'll be moving to Keller next month and I need to deal with closing costs before I can make any more audio purchases. If you still have it a month or so from now, I'm definately interested.

9. Mark Hayenga

Mark Hayenga Supporting Actor

I have an Adcom GFA-7400 for sale. MSRP was $1000. 100x5 into 8ohm, 150x5 into 4ohm. 42lbs naked, 48lbs boxed. It's about 2 years old, in mint condition, and I am the original owner (purchased from authorized dealer). I'd like to get $650 for it and can deliver it to you personally (I am in Austin and have two brothers who live in Dallas).