What's new

Wow, looks like EBAY has eliminated bootlegs. (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
TV shows and movies burned on to dvd, and sold by sellers specializing in that sort of thing on Ebay are for the most part completely eliminated, which is good, and in a way a bit bad. I always wanted the complete series of Fantastic Journey, or Starman tv series on dvd. I'm sure these will never get an official release on dvd, and there used to be a bunch of sellers offering them. Now...they are just gone. It looks like I'll never get to see them.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
You might want to consider checking out www.tvshowsondvd.com and see about suggesting these shows, and voting for them.

Gord Lacey is REALLY good about getting the latest news out about new releases, and folks in the industry actually listen to him.

Writing wistfully about bootlegs will get you in trouble with the mods.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I wish EBAY would do more about some of the junk there. I've stopped shopping there as a result of the scams, fraud, excessive shipping and spam-traps they have.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I remember a while back looking for some TV boxed sets there & 90% of them were obvious Asian bootlegs... too hard to wade thru to find the legit ones.

Ebay pretty much only cares about its own revenue- it certainly doesn't care about its sellers or buyers.

They promote this touchy-feely, big community image, until there's a problem (like the item you paid for wasn't shipped), then their attitude is "Oh, we're just a community, not responsible for anything". Nice to have it both ways.

I've caught people selling my copyrighted ebooks on there, & the best ebay would do is remove those auctions, but not suspend the seller, even for multiple violations.

They don't care about intellectual property, except their own or those of big companies who pressure them. But then the same is true of Google.

Try registering a domain name with "ebay" in it & watch them pounce on you.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, counterfeit golf clubs are rampant on Ebay. I have been very lucky so far, but several of my friends have been burned, and we're talking several hundred dollars a pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks