What's new

Would anyone else be excited about a remake/sequel to Rise of the Triad? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
I remember playing this game years back, and it was just fun...

Better multiplayer and better graphics than doom, in my mind...

Anyone else think a remake/sequel to this game would be fun?

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I guess not. ;)
I remember Rise of the Triad. I only ever played the demo version, but I remember it had some nifty features over Doom. I think the are too many great new FPS's coming out at the moment to get too excited about the prospect of another. Might be cool. But I think there genre is moving more towards realistic (sort of) action ala Medal of Honor. Still looking forward to Doom 3 though! :D

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Hell yeah a new Rise of the Triad would be sweet. Lets see if Monolith will do it, they will aparently develope anything.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i wont be excited about it. it would be another shoot everything up kind of game and find a key or two to advance. boring.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I disagree that it was better than Doom. The biggest advantage it had was multiplayer out of the box, which was cool...but the engine was woefully out of date for the time. Everything was still in the "square grid" format from Wolfenstein 3D, and the levels design was uninspired. I played the demos of both games all the way through, but I only bought the full version of Doom.

Jason Price

Second Unit
That would kick ass! My buddies and I played that game in college all the time - big fun. :) Although, Duke Nukem and holo-duke (the single greatest multiplayer item of all time) took the fps prize. I still miss holo-duke... :)

Leroy

Second Unit
I loved this game. Nothing like those crazy drunk missiles, dog(not god)mode, the bat!! That game was just plain fun to play.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Yes, I loved dog mode... :)
In college, my friend and I played deathmatch a lot...
One time he was in god mode, and I was in dog mode... Of course we couldn't kill each other... But, when he shot the god "orbs" at me as a dog, they went to me and just orbitted me until the dog mode wore off... Then they converged on me... He said it looked pretty funny from his end... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks