What's new

Wonder Woman Season 3 problem... (1 Viewer)

DavidRJ

Auditioning
Sorry if this has been posted, but has anyone else noticed that there are some major problems with ALL of the episode
intros on the 3rd season set? Several of them use the 2nd season visual intro with the 3rd season theme song. Other intros have audio that doesn't sync up with the action on screen....What gives????

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Hello, Matt :D I had to post this OT quote....I thought I was the original "bionic" fanatic :D BTW, it doesn't look good for those....they're tied up in legal/clearance issues.

On-topic: I can't decide on whether to get the Wonder Woman S2/S3 sets. I always liked the "WWII" S1 setting better than the modern seasons.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Jeff, I also liked the WWII season better, but I still enjoy seasons 2 and 3. I recommend completing the series for your collection. After the first season, I think the producers felt they had run out of stories they could tell with the Nazis being the only villains. It also was a more expensive season to produce, since they had to use sets, cars and costumes of the era. Moving the series into the then-current 70's became less limiting in terms of storylines and production values.

I also think the producers of WW were trying to compete with "The Bionic Woman". By moving the show into the 70's, Diana Prince's character became more "humanized" and her new duty as an IADC agent allowed her to go on secret missions, while Steve Trevor's character was increasingly relegated to the office in an Oscar Goldman-type capacity.

In the first season, Lynda Carter wore basically only two outfits: the Diana Prince military uniform, and the WW costume. Seasons 2 and 3 allowed much more freedom in her character's various undercover assignments, very similar to Jaime Sommers' in "BW".

I also noticed several attempts to stage "WW"'s gags and effects to immitate those on "BW". In the later seasons, "WW" started to feature slow-motion stunts, as opposed to real-time or sped-up action. They even had WW occasionally use "super hearing" with the camera zooming in on her ear, just like "BW". You'll notice that WW rarely did "super leaps" during season 1. But in seasons 2 and 3 (especially 3), they had her doing these outrageous leaps all over the place--many for no apparent reason! Many of these leaps were recycled over and over and over in several episodes. Since they were always performed in costume, they could get away with reusing the footage.

I sure hope we hear something soon regarding "BW" (and "SMDM") on DVD. Universal's promo-disc from last summer said "BW" was coming in 2004. Well, I'm still waiting...

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I am only on episode 3, but I just assumed that the third season intro used season two clips out of necessity, i.e. lack of completed season 3 footage. So, this actually gets worse as the season progresses?

Regardless, I enjoy this series very much (much more now than when it first aired) and am happy to have the complete series on DVD.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
How do these kind of mistakes happen?
Warners haven't buggered up the WW releases until now have they? (maybe someone can confirm!) so why now?
It would be nice to have an explanation as to why this sort of thing happens! Is it simply that the people putting the digital tapes together for dvd authoring are simply unfamiliar with the episodes / guest stars etc?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I did a spot check of the intros on all four of the Side A discs and the audio synchs correctly with the actors' mouths when they talk. I haven't checked Side B episodes. Which episodes are specifically affected?
-

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the opening credits don't match up because they were put together with Season 2 footage originally, and then when the opening changed, they didn't change the music.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure it isn't your player? Season 3 played fine on mine.

I did have pixellation problems on one discs on season 1, but that was it.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I had to take Season 2 back three times, and gave up on the fourth one. I need to write them about replacements too! And keep those calls and letters coming to WB about all of the cuts and alterations. I called them about an audio problem with Roots, and they fixed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks