What's new

Wolfenstein Tourney Results Thread (1 Viewer)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
And tomorrow night while you suckers are playing Wolf, we will be playing MM3 and guess what we will be having, FUN....I hope you have FUN playing Wolf, because videogames are all about FUN.
Absolutely. But, just to let you know,my team & I are having lots of fun doing this. You might think we are suckers, but at least we aren't quitters.

Looking forward to "Entering The Matrix!"

Calvin

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
I'm up for a "Losers" league Hehehehe... Just so I can keep playing. The tournament has been - without a doubt - the most FUN I've had on XBOX Live :D Good luck to all in that "other" tournament ;) and congrats again to Facepasters on their win over BulletSponge Tuesday.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Then why did you just forfeit? You could have played it out, then gone & played Midtown Madness 3 to your hearts content.

Oh well - it doesn't matter.

I still plan on taking my team to the Wolf finals.
Matrix, we are coming for you!
Zion had better prepare :D ;)

BryanK

Stunt Coordinator
People are taking this tourney too damn seriously! I had much more fun playing after it was over, Sherbz and I went against Nightwing, Orpheous and Joboo in Depo and sat back to see which one was going to kill themselves once they found out they could'nt disarm the dynamite we set at the gun! Looked something like this....
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Lets just say it was very amusing!! I had fun! Good luck to all who remain! Next time your mine:D

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Yeah Jay, that was pretty funny when it was me against you seven last night. :) I joined the others in Midtown Madness afterward as well and we had alot of fun just jumping a statue in Washington DC. See the Midtown Madness thread as Buck Thrustwell made some movies of our statue jumping :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
As most of you guys know Im a quiet person. Dont get into much trash talk and such. I just have to say of course i take this tourney and other stuff for group play seriously. I set the thing up and have got things thing moving after a massive stoppage partly due to me and partly due to others. It takes time and work to set these things up. I have fun playing it, have fun setting it up for everyone, and have fun talking to everyone about it. I will continue to do more tourneys and game nights for other games soon as well.

But to me it sucks when a team who is in a game which decides who moves on to the playoff round just quits out of a match a week after loosing a match says "we arent having fun in the tournament anymore". You dont call it quiting, but it is. Just had to get that off my mind. You guys dont think its wrong. All the power to ya

capt

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Look - I was responding to Kelley's post. I can't speak for anyone but myself... so I will.

If I was in the position that Team Men With Hats was in - I would have followed the rules - tried my best to win - & then gone on to play the "fun" game.

So at least, IMHO - I could say that I did my best - no matter the odds, & hold my head up high.

And have FUN while doing it.

James D S

Screenwriter
Joey, those opinions represent a small minority of players here. We respect your effort and as we are all willing participators of the tourney, the least we could do is show a little respect for it.

We solved a no-show problem with some 3-on-3 action, with one of our members sitting out.

Besides, I'll be damned if I quit. Would rather go down shooting... As I often do. :)

Considering what it would do to my pride, quitting doesn't sound like FUN to me.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
You know what? Its a game people. In the end if both teams mutually agreed to go play another game (which Chris ,XBLRuffneck host supreme! even said it was a mutual thing on a related forum), more power to them. I honestly dont care. I wasnt even there last night and I wouldn't have cared if I had been. I just wanna play, talk shit and have a good time. I could care less what game its in.

EDIT: and NO! this is not meant as a disrespect to what you do Joey. The tourney setup is appreciated here Terak Nor;). I just see this kind of heated nonsense about a game and it makes me wonder whats the point?

Its really just silly as hell to even bother bickering or lobbing names from one team to another over a freaking game tournament. If you got beef with what one person says then deal with them directly through email or AIM. It always been the rules around here. I dont see a reason to involve whole teams or bullshit name calling.

Move on and enjoy the game, regardless of which one it is.;)

Furthermore I planned to still attend any other tournament games my team is involved in (do we even have any left?? Have to check the schedule) so last I checked I didn't plan on dropping. Hell Ill show up alone if I have to (and god willing nothing comes up again). Though I know my peeps will be there.

James D S

Screenwriter
You know what? Its a game people.
That's a cop-out and totally unfair to the people who set aside time to be ready for this tournament. Not to mention the people with self-respect.

But, as you said, if it was mutual, c'est la vie. But it sounds to me, and granted I was not there and am just going on what others have said, some didn't have a choice about quitting. Doesn't sound mutual. But, like I said...

Besides, it's a sad state of affairs when you can quit an obligation just because you relegate the experience to being "just a game." There is more to it than that.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Besides, it's a sad state of affairs when you can quit an obligation just because you relegate the experience to being "just a game."
What exactly didn't you understand about me not being there? How can I quit something that Im not present for? My family is hella more important to me than any tournament. Sorry for not meeting my "obligation".

James D S

Screenwriter
What exactly didn't you understand about me not being there? How can I quit something that Im not present for? My family is hella more important to me than any tournament. Sorry for not meeting my "obligation".
I'm not talking about you. I'm not even considering your case. Your situation is irrelevant - How can you quit something you didn't even start. You didn't even cross my mind.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I just don't like people minimizing other people's efforts with the classic cop-out of "it's just a game."
Well it is just a game. I dont play this professionally nor am I paid to do it. I do it for fun. My "just a game" comment was meant to put this dumb argument into perspective. Not to diminish anyones accomplishments. Its silly to take it as meaning that.

Ive played with the people on this board for almost a year and half and have never treated anyone of these folks with disrespect. Its almost insulting for anyone here to think I was trying to do that.

James D S

Screenwriter
Im sure in the grand scheme of things we have better things to argue about...
Like what the ATI/Miscrosoft descision means for the future of Nintendo hardware. I was talking to guy at Retro today and he stated that without a doubt we can expect at least one more system from the big N. I told him, "bad idea, dude." And he said, "but Microsoft stifles creativity and their hardware is just an under-powered PC!" With that, we came to blows. (Let me warn you, though the Retro guys are thinnish and pale, they are fiesty and wily. Okay, maybe not "wily" per se, so much as they are spawn-campers.)

But, I got a signed copy of Prime out of him. :)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Like what the ATI/Miscrosoft descision means for the future of Nintendo hardware. I was talking to guy at Retro today and he stated that without a doubt we can expect at least one more system from the big N. I told him, "bad idea, dude." And he said, "but Microsoft stifles creativity and their hardware is just an under-powered PC!" With that, we came to blows. (Let me warn you, though the Retro guys are thinnish and pale, they are fiesty and wily.)
HAHA! Exactly now go start a thread and well go at each others throats until we are so brow beaten we cant see straight, then I'll tell that ATI owns and MS sucks donkey balls and the world will upheave and swallow us whole for our indifference! It will RULE!:D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
First off i wasnt calling anyone names. I didnt mention a single name one time. I just said i didnt think it was right that a team(who was present at the time) forfited in a match which decided a playoff spot after everyone else played there games even if they had no change of a playoff shot. And apparently a lot of others dont either. I know you had plans romier and i totally understand. Every team has had to use a sub at least once. Ours will tommorow. Just wanted to state how i felt. Thats all. Its over with. lets just keep things going

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks