What's new

Wolfenstein Tourney Results Thread (1 Viewer)

BryanK

Stunt Coordinator
One note I'd like to add to Allen's misfortune, while we(Bullet Sponge) were apologizing to the other team's leader, they ran the documents back unmolested :angry:

Great game to everyone that played!!
Allen, Thanks for filling in :emoji_thumbsup:

Howie A

Second Unit
Well I just wanted to first thank Adamsappel for helping out on such short notice. You really proved to be a great sub for High Priest. I hope you can join us next time we need a (closet spawn camping) sub. :) Thanks again.

So Bullet Sponge has finally warmed up and learned the in and outs of the maps to come up with our first victory. Some good match though I must say. I had a ball.

The results were:

Ice 3-1
Sub 3-0

I also wanted to apologize for some set up confusion and or mix up. But we worked it out and thanks for all the patience. Good games to all.

Bring on those FATP**SYTASTERS... :laugh: :D

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

James D S

Screenwriter
Great game, Facepasterwasters. Well played. That was the most fun, and most intense, playing I've had in a while. Memo to all other teams, may God have mercy on your souls when you face those guys on Ice. They own that map!

Good luck in the tourney,

James
Rainmaykr

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Memo to all other teams, may God have mercy on your souls when you face those guys on Ice. They own that map!
Heh, Team Men in Tights said the same thing, that they owned on Ice, and just like everyone else they were Swept by Team WDUGM, We Dominate U Girly Men. :)

-Dean-

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Team Matrix defeated The Clownz
3-1, 2-3, 1-0

Team Matrix was down one man for match-up, but we 3 amigos were able to hold off the 4 clownz endless on-slaught.

Here is the funniest moment of the night, and on Xbox Live in general from my experiences,..... At one point the lag got bad so we on team Matrix decided to call for a restart.

I went over to the Axis side and talked to them and agreed we'd restart. The only probelm is that one guys headset was not working.

He was going gangbusters and we could not get his attention. We ended up Team Killing him and then trapping him in his base when he respawned. He still did not responded, so one guy TK'd him as a medic repeatedly revived him as the rest of us blocked the exits. I can't imagine what he was thinking at this point, but he seemed determined to get up and continue on, and the longer it went on the more amusing it got. And it was at this point that someone blurted out "God, this feels like an intervention." :laugh: Now I can't do the entire scene justice here in the post, but Oh my god it was the funniest series of events, and that quote pretty much put me on the floor in tears. :laugh:

Thank you Clownz, it was a great match, and I went to bed feeling like it was the best Live experience I've had to date! I can't wait for the 3rd round!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Joey, you should feel pretty good about putting this tournament together--it is resulting in some of the best Live experiences many of us have had to date. Just want to say an early thanks, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the tourney. :emoji_thumbsup:

And let me add my grudging admiration to the Facepasters--you guys are nasty! We Simple Chatters knew going in that it was going to be a tough battle and we tried to prepare accordingly, but you guys just cleaned our clocks last night on Ice, and that kind of set the tone for Sub. Great job, and good luck in the rest of the tourney. It was an honor donating my hat to you fellas. :)

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Good games last night, Howie! We definitely improved our teamwork from Tuesday, but it still wasn't good enough.

Maybe after the tourney we can extend some individual challenges between teams to continue the fun.

Congrats to everyone for showing up and participating in a fun tournament!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Bryan

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
we 3 amigos were able to hold off the 4 clownz endless on-slaught.
After we beat you on the Sub level, I shouted out, "MAN! We KICK ASS on Sub." To which one of my team members said, "uh, remember, it's 4 on 3." :b

The saddest part of the evening was when we were the Nazis and going to protect the gold. We go to blow up the barbed-wire blockade and all toss grenades, which bounce off and blow-up too far away to do anything. So we all toss again, at different times. The first grenade blows up the blockade, and the following ones blew US up as we ran through! I think only one of us ended up surviving. :D

I agree that the tournament has kicked butt. It alone has justified the purchase of XBox Live!

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-Good Stuff Ian! My girlfriend didn't quite appreciate the the humor of the story either, but at least I have a bunch of crazed clownz with guns who understand me. :D

-P.S. Ian, did you see my post regarding your Digital signature earlier in this thread??

Leo_P

Second Unit
GREAT games lst night, Men with Hats!:emoji_thumbsup:
You guys put up a helluva fight. You had me near tears on Ice, when we were Axis. Everytime I got settled in I'd catch an airstrike and then a 20-second respawn.:angry:
WHO'S NEXT?!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Guys its been a lot of fun getting this tourney going. Trust me there will be many more tourneys for many games. Like i mentioned. Soon i will be hosting many game nights each week for a variety of games. Plus getting some more tourneys going as well. So glad everyone is enjoying themselves

capt

JayV

Supporting Actor
Everytime I got settled in I'd catch an airstrike and then a 20-second respawn.
That revelation would give me joy, but for the fact that those were the only kills I was getting.

All night I felt like I'd crank an entire mag into a bad guy, only to be killed by his one Magic Bullet. :angry:

And then there were the times I'd respawn and run to the sub only to find it strewn liberally with dynamite, like so much confetti.

-j

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
lol Jay thats how our team felt the first few rounds of ice. Your entire team would die. We went to make a run at the docs and when we got up there the 4 of you were there in a flash. .

Well the sub thing was funny. Our team is very good at that map for some reason. 4 dynamites were planted and we werent even a minute into the sub round

capt

Howie A

Second Unit
My wife was saying that if she heard me scream "CLEAR OUT THE HOUSE" (radio room) one more time she was going to clear me right out the house.
I guess the excitement gets the better of me. :)
I woke her up a few times... :b

This is the most fun I have had online in a long time!
I cant remember the last time I touched my PS2 and the network adapter.. I seem to be drawn more to the Xbox community. I always find myself looking in the DASHBOARD just to see whos on and playing what.

Something Oscar might call a "CLOSET DASHBOARD STALKER".. :D

Jason_H

Second Unit
I would propose we have another tourney immediately following this one with a new set of maps. I have been having a lot of fun despite us getting our asses handed to us on a nightly basis.

Either that or...we have an all Sub tourney!!! Clownz would own joo!!! :D

XBL: Secretvampire

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Sorry but WDGUM are the kings of sub :)

As for another tourney after this one. I was thinking of another tourney of some sorts with another game. But if you guys want another wolfenstein tourney with new maps. Im all for it. im pretty sure my team would be as well. We could probably use village(as most of us havent even got to that level yet), depot, and destruction or any other combination. Norway would be pretty good as well

capt

JayV

Supporting Actor
We could probably use village(as most of us havent even got to that level yet)
That new level is a two-second download (most assume it only unlocks the map already on the disc).

I think it would be a fun 4-on-4 map, but I'm thinking...

Why not eight-person teams? Everything could be finished in one night with only four teams.

-j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks