What's new

Wolfenstein Tourney Results Thread (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Post all results here

Team WDUGM beats Team matrix 2 maps to 0

Ice 3-0
Sub 3-0

capt

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Team FacePaster Wasters over Team Last Kid Picked:

Ice 3-0

Sub 3-0

Good game PPH2,Sheriff Truman,Beer Monkey, & The Bard (though we were wondering where you went...)

Calvin

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Team Men With Hats over Team Clownz:

Ice: 2-1
Sub: 0-3
Village: 3-0

(Please I wasnt score keeping so if any of those are wrong Clownz or MWH, please feel free to correct me!)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
OK, since it's not here, Bullet Sponge got toasted by Simple Chat

Ice- 3-1
Sub- 3-1

I would like to file a complaint though, there was severe spawn camping going on, not only were people sitting in our radio room constantly and wasting us as we came through the hatch on Ice, but they were also sitting right outside the door on the outside gunning us down as soon as we emerged.

I'm not asking that the figures be changed, but I am asking for some designated zones be established that constitute spawn camping

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Actually High Priest, the results for Team Simple Chat over Team Bullet Sponge were:

Ice 3-0
Sub 3-0

Furthermore, waiting in the radio room when your team has the documents is not technically considered spawn camping as I am trying to prevent the documents from being transmitted. I am not laying down grenades by where you spawn or mowing you down as you spawn - this would technically be considered spawn camping. Any thoughts on this by the other groups? I don't want our victory tainted.

James D S

Screenwriter
When the other team has the documents, like in Beach Invasion, it is not considered bad form to guard the transmitter. After all, that is the objective, no? The goal is not to get in the building, as guarding the building after a document capture would be legal, the goal is to transmit them.

It is an advantage to be so close to the objective upon spawning, anyway, (also like Beach Invasion), how could you think it right to also want the opposing team to stay away from the objective while you are allowed to just walk to it? Once you have the documents, that transmitter becomes a free space.

No spawn-camping, absolutely none, was committed by this team.

Every team should expect this strategy when playing Ice. It is how we, all of us, have done it in the past and it is how we all will do it in the future.

It would be beneficial for some of you to practice the maps beforehand with your fellow HTFers so that you are not suprised by the strategies we all employ.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I was mowed down at least twice, and someone called on the radio about it happeending to them while emerging from the hatch (not during warmup, and not by my own team) who did it I'm not sure

I have never seen anyone camping in the transmitter room before tonight, and I've played a hell of a lot of games, all with HTFers. While it's true that people kept forgetting to check before running blindly in there, you shouldn't be allowed to enter the other team's main base area. Shoot through the windows fine, but actually going in the door, should be a no.

In Ice, I personally got the documents back which reset the clock to approx 4:43,so I know for a fact that we scored at least once there

We also had another on Sub, where both Howie and I set dynamite, you disarmed mine, his blew, whether or not that reset the clock I don't remember.

James D S

Screenwriter
In Ice, I personally got the documents back which reset the clock to approx 4:43,so I know for a fact that we scored at least once there.
Which was then bested by a quicker time. That is how we score the matches. One team sets the time, the other tries to beat it. Tonight, we never failed to beat a time. Though, we got scared many times. :)

One unfortunate side effect to having your spawn litterally on top of the objective is that many times you will spawn after the other teams returns the documents to find that those responsible for the recovery are still there. That is unfortunate, but unavoidable. I have been mowed down many times by the oppsing team emerging with fresh health bars as I was back-peddling away from the site, in this case, the Ice transmitter, I just blew through my health securing. You better believe I got shot-up, but good. It is very easy to get trapped in that transmitter room as wave after wave of Nazis drop out of the ceiling, even though the documents were returned, albeit just a few seconds prior. There is nothing we, or anyone, can do about that. Though, perhaps we could call a cease-fire for a reset of positions - But then again, we are playing against a clock as well. Best thing to do is drop out of the roof with your sights trained on the Yanks are pull the trigger till it goes click - preferably torching the now weakened interloper.

Warning to all players: When the Nazis have the documents, the transmitter room becomes a free space. One team is protecting it while the other is trying to get to it. (As the transmitter room is for all maps with like objectives.)

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
I have never seen anyone camping in the transmitter room before tonight, and I've played a hell of a lot of games, all with HTFers. While it's true that people kept forgetting to check before running blindly in there, you shouldn't be allowed to enter the other team's main base area.
Once again, this tactic should not be considered camping as it is really an attempt to prevent the transmission of the documents. By your definition of camping, Allies should not be allowed to follow the Axis once they enter their spawn point because this would be considered the Axis' "main base". How does this make sense?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Going into the axis base after they get the documents is not spawn camping. Not even close to it. I even used this example in the first edition of the rules , but removed it and reworded as i thought everyone who played knew that already. As long as the axis have the documents its a free for all. Once the documents are returned the allies must get out of the axis house and go a little distance away

Now if you want a example of real spawn camping. In our matchup 2 people who will remain nameless from the other team on two ocassionas dropped airstrikes right outside the allied door on ice/and or threw grenades into the spawn. Now that is spawn camping.

capt

Leslie W

Stunt Coordinator
It is considered good strategy to use what ever means necessary to stop the enemy from achieving their goal.

Once the documents have been taken, any area of the map is fair game to air strike or stake out. It is unfortunate that the developers made the spawn point in the same building as the transmitter room. But I see calling in an air strike on the area of the door to keep someone from getting in there a good idea.

If you have just respawned, then you should use common sense if you have heard that someone has the documents. Pop down the hatch and toss a grenade in the transmitter room as you are leaving. (ahhh after making sure no one from YOUR team is in there transmitting the documents.... )
Look out the windows and see if there is colored smoke in the area before you exit.

Even if you are " dead " you can hear what is going on in the map. Not paying attention is not an excuse to cry foul on the other team. Communicate with your team mates. They can see what is going on in the field while you are in another area. Any time I get killed, I call out to my team and tell them 1) how many 2) where I was when it happened. This gives them a heads up as to what the situation is in a given area like stair ways, buildings, alleys.

Communication is what makes the game so fun. And what can help win the game. :)

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-Well, It sounds like there is a whole lot of misunderstanding going on here. Basically, when people are getting stuck near the other teams bases it is being confused with spawn camping. Unfortunately, If someone is spawn camping there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about it unless it's really blatently overdone. The tournament isn't long enough to waste time on this topic as there is little time to prove such a thing occured and have action taken against that player. So hopefully we are all above such stupidity, and as we move forward we can trust that everyone is playing fairly and out of defense when they kill us near our bases.

-So, in the spirit of moving on,.... I had alot of fun last night, even though I was certainly the weakest link. I was only able to return the documents and blow up the sub once each respectively, and my aim left something to be desired. :frowning:

-I'm looking forward to Matrix vs. Clownz this Thursday.
-And Team Matrix, I'm hoping we can possibly practice together before the match-up tomorrow, as I think it hurt us that we hadn't work together as a team before last night's match-up. If we can get together like maybe 45 minutes to an hour before hand that'd be great.??

-Oh, and thanks for the Arse whooping WDUGM, it was nice of you guys to share your bullets with my forehead. ;)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
you shouldn't be allowed to enter the other team's main base area. Shoot through the windows fine, but actually going in the door, should be a no.
If you've got the documents or are transporting the objective on a map I'll follow you to the depths of hell to prevent you from getting to your goal. Whether that be in your base or not I could care less.

If I happen to run into opposition from your team mates who are spawning in the same area the goal is, I sure as hell am not going to smile at them and wave. Sorry, you're going to get shot and I will have your hat. Im not going to lose a match because someone personifies fair play as "spawn camping".

By the way excellent game last night Team Clownz. Had a blast playing!

Howie A

Second Unit
Although my team did not win I had a blast!
Joey thanks for setting this up and getting things
rolling. I am looking forward to our next match.

Win or loss its cool to be part of a match with people
that have a certain respect for one another.

Congrats to the winners and better luck next time
to those less fortunate... (us) :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah i know our team had a blast playing last night. Lots of laughter and joking around. Heck there was trash talking about other teams we werent even playing. Its fun playing as a team in a 4 on 4 matchup.

capt

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
What was even better for our team was they only had to listen to me for one map since I was on the phone for almost all of Ice. :)

-Dean-

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I had a great time even though our team was woefully overmatched by the Face PAster Wasters. How do you guys move so fast on Ice, half the time you were throwing airstrikes up on the deck before we could get there to defend it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks