What's new

Wolfenstein Tourney Results Thread (1 Viewer)

JayV

Supporting Actor
RELAX AND JUST TRY TO HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah, you're right. I've played with most, if not all, of these folks and was surprised to see someone accused of playing dirty. For all I know, Oscar might pinch old ladies and kick puppies in real life, but I've never known him to play dirty online.

And multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of madness.

-j

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Howie at this point its all about trash talking and excuses :)

Also i forgot you were from LI howie. So many new yorkers here on this board that play every night

capt

Jason_H

Second Unit
The main issue I had last night was being in the heat of battle and seeing a bunch of those bastard Nazi enemies standing around, lobbing a grenade and then realizing "oh shit...we switched teams, WE ARE THE NAZIS!"
HAH! Oh well, I had a blast last night and look forward to Thursday. I'm sure we'll play together a little better the next time.

XBL: Secretvampire

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
And that was just one guy at the top with the Venom. Or perhaps I should say one monkey. A robot monkey.
One guy....crap, it felt like 30! :D
I'd sneak up to the wall, "ok...I'll just peak my head around the corner and..." *bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**b ang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**ban g**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang* *bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**b ang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**ban g**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang* *bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**b ang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**ban g**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang* *bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**b ang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**ban g**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang**bang* *bang**bang*
"MEDIC!"

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Howie at this point its all about trash talking and excuses
umm NO! Trash talking is fine. Its all in good fun and its a riot to read some of the insults being thrown back and forth here and elsewhere in related forums. Worst thing that happens with trash talking is.....*drumroll*.....you lose. If you lose you eat your words but hey, there is nothing wrong with that either. Everyone I've played with on Wolf has a great level of respect for thier opponents and fellow teammates IMHO so I worries of "cheating" or "camping" never even cross my mind.

Excuses on the other hand I really cant deal with. Look plain and simple, the Men With Hats absolutely sucked at the Sub map last night. Were were terrible, unorganized and to be completely honest totally unfamiliar with that map. No one from my team is here making excuses however. We took that loss and came back where it counted. You lose, you lose. Deal with that, move on to the next round and for the love of god...(just as Howie said) HAVE FUN!.

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-I don't mind all the "bickering," I'm just very happy that this whole league has got off to a rocking start and people have passions one way or the other. After worrying that the league might not take place all-together it's great to hear all the banter. :p)

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to say I had a blast last night and thanks to all... :D I'd rather listen to HTF trash talk than the typical crap in a public Wolf game anyday.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
...to be completely honest totally unfamiliar with that map.
Nice excuse ;)

Actually, I know how you feel. Last night while those damn Men in Hats were spanking our butts in the village, I had NO idea what I was doing or where to go. I even grabbed the gold once, only to be like, “WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH IT?!” (My communicator was also not working that round, so I couldn’t radio in for help!)

However, now that I’ve got my bearings…
[trash_talk]
on Thursday, the Matrix is going to take the blue pill!
[/trash_talk]

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Oh, this is as good a time as any to remind everyone--most of you know this but we ran into it a few times last night: if it seems like your communicator isn't working, be sure to make sure your channel didn't get switched to "Off". You can do this by manually switching it back to "General" (by hitting either the white or the black button, I always hit the wrong one at first), or just by unplugging and then plugging back in your headset.

For some reason this happens a lot when the server switches maps, so if you go from, say, Ice to Sub and you don't hear anyone talking, chances are you got reset.

LanceH

Agent
Man, I have GOT to get my Xbox hooked up to online... I only got to try it live ONE time at a friend's house and I was immediately addicted. So, what steps do I have to take to get hooked up (aside from subscribing to internet at home?)

Leo_P

Second Unit
Team WDUGM entered the Matrix and came out victorious. That Agent Smith is a bad-ass.:D
As far as spawn-camping, if you've played with any non-HTFer's, you KNOW what it is. Last night, for a split-second, I felt someone was playing a little "dirty", but we regulated that sh!t quickly. I must say though, in Ice, once you have the documents I'm doing EVERYTHING possible to stop you from transmitting, INCLUDING "spawn-camping". 'Cause guess what? You're respawning to back up the person with the documents and we ain't having that. But if you don't have the documents, I normally don't even go to that side of the map.
This is all a nice friendly tourney, let's keep it that way. Just remember to USE your head or my bullets could make you LOSE your head.;)
As Goldberg would say: WHO'S NEXT!?

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
:star: Warning Bit off Topic :star: :)

Look at Fighting Fish's Xbox Live Digital Signature, the picture of the fish with the cigar in it's mouth. My girlfriend pointed out that if you look at it closely you can see the dog from the 'Lady and the Tramp' facing in the opposite direction of the fish. It took me a minute, but it blew my mind when I finally saw it. Take a look and see if you can see it. :D

*Hints for seeing the dog, the dog's eye is the same as the fishs, the dogs furry chin is the space inside of the fish's arm, and the dog's nose is the cigar (but the cigar/nose is a bit long but it works)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
The FacePaster Wasters are still undefeated!!!

A hard-fought victory over Team Simple Chat .

Results were:

Ice 3-0
Sub 3-2

I tip off my hat to Scar,PoisonJam,Player LUV & Rainmaker. You guys fought well - Sub was just sick with all those short times...Anyone reading this would do well not to underestimate Team Simple Chat!

Special Thanks to JasonK aka OCGN Hiro for filling in for JoBoo on such short notice - it was most appreciated :)

Good Luck in your next match!

Bring on the Bullet Spongers!:D

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
First, I'd like to apologize for accidentally spawn camping in our first match. I ran into the Nazi camp when I saw that the documents had been taken and was planting dynamite in the doorway when my team took the documents back, which I didn't notice had happened. I was trying to arm the dynamite and suddenly noticed that I was surrounded by Nazis. So, I'm sorry that my actions bled over into spawn camping territory, but they began as perfectly acceptable defensive measures (according to the posts above).

And this is exactly why I don't like the idea of entering a spawn camp.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the kind words Calvin but, you guys were clearly the better team. We have a very good team in PoisonJam, Rainmaykr and our fill-in Player LUV but you guys seemed to consistently be one step ahead of us. Congrats and good luck in your next matches!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks