What's new

Wolfenstein Tourney-Message to everyone in it (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Good morning everyone. I have a few comments about the tourney(dont worry im not cancelling it :) ). When everything was set for the tournament i said it was going to be a big undertaking. 40 people signing up was a first in any of our tournaments. However its also a big problem. I dont want to sound demanding but it is a problem. The tournament started monday. Except for one match which someone got home too late for and my last minute cancellation because of my little misadventure with a broken window. I do not know of any matches that have been scheduled. I havent seen any scheduling done on the boards. I also know that many other teams have tried to schedule matches, but half the teams have not responded. Also over this past week ive heared time and time again "I havent seen my teammates on" or "my teammates have not even contacted me". Guy's if you signed up for the tournament you have to be on sometime during the week to play or practice. Its not fair to your other teammates if your not, as your teammates have been practicing.

Guys I set the tourney time to 3 weeks. NOw down to two. There is no way some of the teams will fit in 4.5 games the next two weeks. So what im going to do is wait and see.
At the end of this week i will see whats happening. If there is still a problem things may need to be changed to get this tourney rolling again. Or to get everyone to get games in

Guys please start getting into the tourney and get your matches in. I really want this tournament to work so we can do many more in the future.

thanks
capt

Jeff Wi

Auditioning
Well I'm on team 10 and have had no contact with any of my teammates. I don't even know their forum names, just gamertags. So Mr DarthVader, Ant1, & jubjub75, please get a hold of me and lets at least get a team name and leader.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I've sent out PMs to my various teammates. Some have responded, some have not. If you are on my team (team "Redrum"), please check your PM area.

James D S

Screenwriter
We, Simple Chat, are having a difficult time of finding someone to play. There have been no responses to our request to play Sunday (yesterday) and consequently, another day went by where we were ready but no takers. (So we dropped to play some PSO :) )

Perhaps it may suit the tourney better for you (Joey) to schedule games. If there are problems with the schedule, we can handle it then - But with a date "on paper" we have a starting point. That seems to be the problem, getting going.

Also, considering the number of players signed up, perhaps we should create teams of 5 - 4 regulars and 1 alternate. Since I only see the usual suspects online, and I'm on a decent amount, many would be better suited in the role of alternate instead. This may help in sticking to a play schedule.

Just some thoughts.

Rest assured though, most of us want this tourney to be a success as much as you do.

See you on.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Well there in lies the problem

1)Scheduling games wont work for this tourney. Too many people have different schedules
2)That alternate person is good but dosnt solve most of the problems

All i know is people say they have tried making matches. I havent gotten any Pm's or e-mail's trying to schedule games. Only two teams have even contact me. that leaves 6 who have not

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Joey, I sent you an email regarding the tournament. I created a schedule that I hope can help facilitate the first round of action. Let me know what you think.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
That's been my Problem I might be more of a "Get on Live when I can" person than a tourney mate, everytime somethings been scheduled, somethings come up

James St

Supporting Actor
I might be more of a "Get on Live when I can" person
This describes me for the last few weeks. My gaming time has been pretty sporadic lately which is why I chose not to participate. I haven't played any Wolfenstein in over two weeks now. The little time I have had has gone toward Brute Force. But if I happen to be online when a game is scheduled and you need a sub, feel free to send me an invite.

Howie A

Second Unit
Could this be the end of the Wolfenstein Tourney all together?

Stay tuned for whats to come of this tournament? :D
Who will be the one to finally say "this just isn't going to work.."

Even thought so many people showed such interest during team sign ups its just a shame they lost that interest so quickly. :frowning:

Thanks for trying Joey.
Let me know if you ever put together a smaller more tight nit group that stays interested and wants to compete.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I don't know if I'm ready to throw in the towel just yet. It's hard, though, to get eight people to come together at the same time for a game, much less doing it 9 times in a few weeks. For the regular folks who are on several times a week anyway it isn't bad (and maybe a future tournament will be organized just for them) but for the occasional players I'm sure it's more a question of scheduling than of interest.

Having said that, though, that's probably something that people should keep in mind for the future when a tournament is being organized...don't sign up if you think you "might" be interested or you may have time to play one or two games only. If you're not able to commit to a few hours a night for a few days in a week for potentially several weeks in a row, you may want to reconsider signing up for a big tournament like this.

I'm not giving up on this tourney yet, though. There was enough enthusiasm and interest during sign-ups that I think with a little more aggressive scheduling (i.e. teams going out and challenging other teams as opposed to posting their available times and waiting for someone to take them up on it) we can still get this done. :emoji_thumbsup:

BryanK

Stunt Coordinator
Bullet Sponge still wants in!!

Howie, pick a time when the "Family" can show, give us some time and we will be there! Key word is time... as in a day, not an hour :emoji_thumbsup:
Its hard to get a hold of some of us that quickly! Thanks

This goes for all the other teams as well. If you want to play us, let me know and give us a day to get together please.
If you dont contact me for a match, be assured we will be contacting you!

my thoughts: ALL matches should be posted with the date and time here, so anyone thats not in the tournament knows, just in case we do need a player for any reason. they will have an idea of when to sign-on if they want a chance play.

See you all, in the BOX!! Bryan

Howie A

Second Unit
Is anyone from the "FAMILY" still interested in continuing?
We have had a few challenges, but I have yet to accept any.
Let me know one way or the other please?
Thanks
Howie

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Like i said. I am going to wait till the end of this week. Friday night i will see how everything stands. I like playing with everyone that has signed up but this is the first tourney i had any problems with running. Why do people sign up if they know they have tno time to play. Just boggles the mind. I pretty much know who is on to play and who is not. So lets see what happens. If it dosnt things will change so we can get this thing going. Enough time has been wasted already

capt

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
When it's one night only (Thursday), then people won't sign up if they aren't available Thursday, no problem.

But when it is open-ended, you have to multiply the availability factor by the number of people playing. I know lots of us are busy 2 or 3 times a week. Maybe you have a softball/bowling/volleyball whatever league. Maybe you have tickets to an event (game, concert, play, whatever). Maybe you have a dinner party, a work obligation, or what have you. On the surface it doesn't seem like an issue. You say, "Hey, I'm only busy two/three nights a week, we surely will be able to get our matches scheduled".

But then, look at the logistics of a match. Two teams = eight players. If each of those players is busy just one or two nights a week, statistically it is very likely that there is not a single night where every person is available. Scheduling a match in those circumstances (without having extra players on each team) is going to be very difficult.

Throw on top of that, not every player on the list had a HTF ID (with private messaging available), or email (even better) for all of the team captains, and it is going to be hard to coordinate from the beginning.

My suggestions would be:

1) Make all the players re-commit, and provide contact and availability info to their captains.
2) Reorganize the committed players into larger teams with one or two extra players. If everybody shows up for a match, somebody sits out (for the entire match if rotating between levels is unfeasible), and you just keep rotating who sits out from match to match. Most of the time nobody is probably even going to sit out...the captains are likely going to have to schedule on a night that one of their players is not available.
3) Schedule the duration of the tourney such that no more than two matches per week is needed.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here, these are just my thoughts. This is a different kind of tourney than the past ones and I think we are just probably running into different sets of issues. I don't think anybody has failed in organizing it, and I also doubt that many of the players are just slacking off and not meeting what they committed to.

Or, maybe I'm completely wrong. :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually after talking to a few people im gonna post a new thing tommorow. This tourney is gonna get moving soon

capt

Leo_P

Second Unit
don't sign up if you think you "might" be interested
Exactly.
I have no life so I spend too much time on XBL, but except for the usual suspects (you know who you are), I don't even see most of the people that signed up for the tourney on-line. Ever.
It's particularly frustrating for me because I know my team's gonna win.:D Seriously, I like playing with you guys and Joey's tournaments have been a blast (pun intended;)) so let's get the ball rolling. Nothing better than having bragging rights around this piece! (Can you say TACO?!):emoji_thumbsup:
If you're a "Get on Live when I can" kinda player, no problem. I respect you having a life, but don't hold the tourney up. Also, if you're a sometimes player, you might want to consider withdrawing from the tourney 'cause you won't stand a chance against me and mine.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I'm still here, but haven't been back here to the HTF forums in a while. I don't know if my team is still around, but if they are, I'm still up for the tourney.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks