What's new

Wolfenstein Tournament. What do you guys think? (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Joel if Chris is on he can just host and we can just do a big game for practice :)

capt

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff Pritchard, I am trying to put a team together and it looks like if you join, as well as Ian (Fighting Fish), than we will be set.

Ian, if you are still up for it, I would love to have you join the team.

The only problem I run in to with these things, though, is that I have a time restriction for Live play in that I usually cannot get on most nights until between 10:30 and 11:00 due to other responsibilities. Hopefully that won't be much of an issue.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I will be on some time tonight. GOing to try and split some play between RTCW and PSO. If you see me on and have an opening, please send me an invite. Playing with the HTF crew is way better than most of the random idiots I stumple upon through Optimatch.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Updated Everyone

What i am going to do is the following. Tommorow night im going to post the rules and such (some may change but probably most will not). What will happen is since we have so many teams we will not be able to do this in just one or two nights. So for the next few weeks everyone will have to play at least in two matches a week where the teams will schedule what day to play there match. Here is some basic stuff. It will be a round robin stop watch objective. Each team plays every other team once in a best 2 out of 3 maps(must win 4 out of 7 rounds to win a map). This is the format that has been used in official Wolfenstein tourneys. Then depending on how many teams there will be a playoff between the top 2 or top 4 teams at the end of the round robin. The maps are still being decided on as everyone has a different opinion :) So guys if i have not yet posted your team to the group play list. Let me know and i will post it. Even if you posted it on this forum. I have a bunch of group play stuff going on or in planning so its hard to go around every single thread. This weekend im going to be fixing a lot of stuff on the group play site. The wolfenstein tournament part of the site will have your game schedules and everything else you need to know. If you have any questions. E-mail or PM me. Ill check them ASAP.

thanks
capt

OK Cheadle, sounds great. I should be online later tonight. I'll send you a Friend request and try to invite you into a game. Ian, I'll send you a request also. Later...

Jeff

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I'll try and be online tonight too. I spent most of last night fighting my wireless setup... grrr. I just got XBL and RtCW 3 days ago, so I don't have too many people on my friends' list yet. If anyone wants to add me to theirs and send me a notification that way, I would really appreciate it. Eventually, I'm sure I'll have most of the HTF folk in my list.

I'm on a cable modem in a fairly rural area, so I could try hosting a game too. RtCW suggested 4, but I had 5 players on one night with no lag. The wireless would add to the ping times, I'm sure, but I get pretty good throughput on dslreports.com... around 1800/250ish, I think.

BryanK

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to start another team for this bloodbath.
"The Respawners"
We'll be your worst nightmare! no matter how fast you run and how many times you kill us, we'll be back!

well, if anyone else still wants to play.
PM me if your interested. This is gonna be fun!!!
Bryan

I'll be on tonight. see you in the box.

So we've got "fighting fish", "DataTox", and "Grooving". Was there another guy one of you had ready to join, or do we need to recruit another? Team name??

What maps should we be practicing on, all of 'em? I've mostly played Beach Invasion, but I think it's time for me to broaden my horizons. ;)

Jeff

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Saw you online last night DataTox, but it wouldn't let me join or invite you to a match. I did get in some pretty good practice, and I'm definitly the greatest asset to my team when I'm a medic or engineer. I'm looking forward to the competition.

As far as the team name...hmmm....I'll have to think about that.

Later
Ian

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I had the same problem, I saw many people online but most didn't show up as joinable. I got in a few good games with HTF players though, and learnt very quickly that many of you are a lot better than me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks