What's new

Wireless Printer Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Chris Souders

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I've searched but found nothing.
My setup requires that I have a printer that can print wirelessly, through my 80whatever wireless adapter. Obviously, I'm not a computer whiz.

Nevertheless, I've have an Epson wireless print server and C82 inkjet printer for a little over a year now...which has just been a hassle. I use the printer infrequently, but when I do, ink coverage is spotty if at all. I'm thinking that the ink dries up over weeks of non-use and cause this problem. I've replaced cartridges, it works for a while, adn then reverts to the same problem.

I'm wondering if there is another printer that would be better suited to my infrequent use. Do need color, but open to color laser if it can be done wirelessly. I probably print 75 % all black, 20 % black/color, 5% photo. Of course, I want the best possible quality too.

Thanks for any recommendations,
Chris Souders

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Check out the HP PSC 2510. It's one of those all-in-one deals, but from my experience those are still pretty good quality. It's $399 at BestBuy. It's got 802.11b wireless built-in and can also be plugged into a wired ethernet network. This is the only printer I've seen that has wireless built in, but there could certainly be some I just haven't seen yet.

Chris Souders

Stunt Coordinator
SethH

Thanks, I'll check that one out. I'm sure they have a printer only one to match it as well.

I'm told that the print heads in HP printers are in the ink cartridge, which is why they are pricier. Any thoughts given my sporadic usage if that would be better for me than say an Epson? I know nothing about printer technology but I'd hate to have gummed up heads every time I start my printer up...

Chris

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
If output quality isn't an issue, and you don't use your printer very often, an HP printer would work nicely. Since the printhead is on the cartridge, you don't have to worry about replacing your whole printer if the printhead clogs if you leave your printer unused for long periods of time.

Aaron_*P

Stunt Coordinator
I have my HP Deskjet 6127 and love it. It has a hp jet direct wired print server built in, then just stick a cheap wireless ethernet bridge into the network slot on it and your done (or like in my case it's plugged into a wireless access point).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks