What's new

Wireless network card (1 Viewer)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
My dad just got a new dell laptop the other day and we are setting it up wireless. I already have a Linksys befw11s4 router( for xbox live ) and was considering the linksys WPC11 network card for the laptop. Is this card any good, or am i better off to go with the dell truemobile stuff?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Bradley there's really not a lot of difference between the various cards so as long as its the same B or G standard as your router it's designed to work seemlessly no matter which brand it is. That said some cards and routers from the same company (mainly D-link) do have a special firmware you can run to boost the transfer rates but unless you're in the habit of moving large files from one machine to the other over the wireless network you won't notice the difference.

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Most of the time the main computer makers, Dell, Compaq etc.., use a common card. They just put there name on it. I have used both D-Link and Linksys cards, and have never had a problem with them in Windows. If you think you will ever run Linux, then get the Linksys. D-link does not have drivers for Linux yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks