Wireless headphones for bedroom television

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Gato, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Bill Gato

Bill Gato Stunt Coordinator

I need your advice again, folks.
    My wife and I would love to be able to watch DVDs in our bedroom without disturbing our newborn son who sleeps right next to us.
    I purchased some wireless headphones from Ratt Shack for $60 (900 mHz type) and they have a frequency adjustment dial on the base unit and the headset. For the life of me, I can't get the stupid thing dialed in correctly.
    I was wondering if any of you had any experience with the Sony wireless sets that cost about twice as much as the ones I have now. Do they forego the adjustment phase and just simply hook into the audio-outs on my television (a couple of years-old Sony 36 inch)?
    Secondly, I will need to be able to purchase a second set of headphones so that both of us can enjoy the movies.
    Help me, please. Thanks in advance.
    ------------------
    Bill the Cat

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i have some Sennheiser RS60's that have an output as a standard 1/8" (or can use the 1/4" adapter) cable. they also came with a 1/8" -> RCA adapter which has come in really handy. i got mine for $150 at buy.com, but i bet you can find them for less. they sound great and are really comfy!

3. Frank Frandsen

Frank Frandsen Stunt Coordinator