What's new

Wireless Controllers for X-Box?? (1 Viewer)

HiHoStevo

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Are there any wireless controllers for the X-Box?

I seem to have heard of some for the game cube, but I do not remember reading about any for the BOX.

If anyone knows, please post.

Thanks,

Steve

Andre F

Screenwriter
I heard about one for the Xbox but it costs like $70.00 and operates in the 2.4ghz band so I'm not too sure how well it works.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Logitech and Mad Catz are coming out with them. The MadCatz may have streeted already (900mhx I think.) I've got one of their PE2 models and it's OK but its no wavebird.

HiHoStevo

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the responses.

I have never used a wireless control pad of any kind, so I am a little in the dark on the pro's and con's.

I would however, like to be able to sit back in my comfy chair and use the controller without miles of wires to clutter up the room and trip over.

In the world of telephones 2.4gig is better than 900mhz. What is the difference in the game controller world.

Steve

Ps. who makes the wavebird that everyone seems to like? Apparently they must not make a version for the x-box.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
who makes the wavebird that everyone seems to like? Apparently they must not make a version for the x-box.
They're made by Nintendo, for use with the Gamecube. I wouldn't expect to see Nintendo making controllers for other systems.

With regard to 900mhz vs. 2.4ghz, it's mostly a distance issue. And since you won't be 1/2 mile away from your TV, you'll be fine with 900mhz.

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
One other thought:

At least for the MadCatz, in the picture I saw, it looks like the "accessory" slots are on the "base station" part that plugs into the XBOX, not on the controller itself. For things like memory cards, that's not a problem. But for the XBOX Live communicator, you need that plugged in to your controller, otherwise, you've then got to have 20 feet of wire for your headset.

Not sure what the Logitech will be like when that comes out.

Jeff

Brian E

Screenwriter
According to OXM the Logitech one is going to sell for $70! Seems a little high to me.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
It would have to have the port on the controller if they want to sell to those subsribed to Xbox Live and using the Xbox Communicator.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'm really hoping Microsoft develops their own. I have yet to see a third part controller that I like. And as stated above it would have to incorporate the accessory port as well.

HiHoStevo

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the help guys.......

I spoke with Mad Catz and their wireless has the connections on the piece that plugs into the base station, so it will not work with "live."

However while down at BB I noticed a wireless controller for the Xbox from a company called Eclipse. Is anyone familiar with these guys?

The memory plug in (i believe also used for live) is on the hand-set with their wireless unit.

Thanks,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks