What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim 13

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Hello, my name is Timothy. I'm a member here because some HFT members helped me a few years ago to set up an old receiver someone gave me.

I'd like to win this receiver because my parents have been using the awful speakers built in to the TV since the dawn of time. They were considering an upgrade recently, until I sustained a football injury. Its surgical repair set my whole family back $7,000. I don't know when would be their next opportunity to break away from built-in speakers, but being that they don't have a receiver because of me, I'd like to be able to turn things around and give them what they were saving up for. Thank you for the opportunity.

dlinke01

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I would love to finally get top of the line! I love ATMOS and I am sure it will tie the room together!

moke

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Graham
As I've gotten older, my hearing has faded. A great receiver like this would help me to enjoy my music with the fidelity I remember from my younger years.

moke

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
So I am getting ready to move (house hunting next week) and will be designing my next home theater. It would be great to get the latest surround format designed in from the start. This receiver would fit the bill very nicely.

David Flora

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, where do I start? I currently have a 9.1 setup, and have been interested in Atmos since I read about it. It's just hard to justify the price of a new receiver for something like this. I'd like to move my speakers in the ceiling above my head to really experience what Atmos can do! I had an Onkyo receiver before and loved it! The options in the receiver alone make my mouth water! Thanks for allowing us the chance to win!

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Seems it would be cool to check out the new technology. I like new stuff. And winning one is likely the only way I will be able to afford one for a while. :)

Keith_H

Auditioning
I am just now starting to put together a nice home theater, it would be awesome to start with an awesome sound system like this Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver because we all know sound is just as important as picture quality when it comes to a great cinematic experience. Good luck, everyone. :)

ozneb

Auditioning
Real Name
steven
Adam Gregorich said:
We are giving away an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (MSRP $1,699). In addition to being Dolby Atmos capable, the receiver has Balanced front XLR, 11.4-multichannel pre-outs and 135 Watts per channel that effortlessly handle the most dynamic of audio tracks. 8-in/3-out 4K/60 Hz HDMI® 2.0 terminals support HDCP 2.2-copy-protected 4K internet video, Wi-FI and Bluetooth provide the ultimate connectivity for your future- ready home theater.

To enter, tell us in a couple of sentences why you want to upgrade to Dolby Atmos in your theater and you could be lucky member that wins this receiver!

Onkyo_Atmos.jpg
Fine print: Fine print: Winners will be drawn at random and notified on Monday 6/8. Winners have a week to respond or the prize will be awarded to someone else. One entry per member. We will remove all entries that don't meet the entrance requirements prior to selecting a winner. Must be 18 or over with a US or Canadian shipping address.

elkhorn

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth Motheral
I would love to win this Onkyo Atmos Reciever mainly because I don't have a good receiver 5.1. I have always heard that Onkyo is the top of the line! What an awesome way to start my system. I have a great set of speakers, DVD, Phono, cassette deck, and a 55" TV. This receiver would transform my system from plain jane to an awesome sound system!!! Thank You HTF !!!...

ozneb

Auditioning
Real Name
steven
I've always been a big fan of onkyo audio equipment excited at the chance of being
able to upgrade to HDMI inputs and wifi!
I've never been able to really afford a good system like this it would be awesome to win thank you very much for a chance even just a chance to dream of winning that's greatsomebody's gonna be ecstatichope its me Steve

epardue

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
I would like this receiver because my old one is broken, and this would be a great addition to my system.

aluke

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan
I had been experimenting with ceiling speakers to add breadth and height on the front and sides but abandonded that when Atmos came to market. I'd love to see how my old setup compares to Atmos

MarkusP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I would love to upgrade to Dolby Atmos in my dedicated theater. After 12 years of marriage and planning, I was finally able to build a dedicated home theater but at the time could only afford to go 5.1, despite wiring the room for 9.2. The room has been in use now for almost 3 years and the entire family loves movie nights. We all prefer to watch new releases at home as opposed to heading out to our local outdated cinema.

I am always fighting the urge to upgrade however Dolby Atmos is a game changer and I love the immersive experience Dolby Atmos offers. I truly hope I win this receiver.

dks202

Auditioning
Real Name
Darrell K. Sanders
Winning this contest will be a perfect excuse for upgrading from 7.1 to 9.2! My wife will have to say yes now.....

ttomtc

Auditioning
Real Name
tom Chilson
Two reasons I should win this.
1. Just finished radiation and chemo and could use some great entertainment while healing.
2. My wife wonders why I still love onyko since my last onyko is broke and sitting on a shelf in the garage. "You paid too much, didn't even last a year."
And I just removed the popcorn from the HT room and textured, it's just waiting for some ceiling speakers.

ArnorTheater

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael T Feeney
I want an Onkyo TX-NR because it's available and I want IT! I have Jupiter Ascending and watched it in 3D, 7.2. Just amazing now I want to watch it again 2D and 9.2. In my room, the Arnor Theater.
Arnor.png
Thank you.

Duane M Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Duane Davis
I would love to upgrade to Dolby Atmos and a new Onkyo. I've loved surround since I first hacked an old solid state stereo to decode surround sound from a laserdisc player and a copy of Suspiria. Later, I had an external Dolby Digital processor for real 5.1. I've even installed sonic transducer bass modules mounted in my couch to get that body rumble. I have some in-wall speakers in the closet ready to install with this upgrade.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I have 9.2 speakers now but my Yamaha can only do 7.2 or 5.1 plus the 2 presence speakers and not all 9 at once. Plus I would love a receive that can pass 3D so I don't have to split the A/V and swap inputs on my receive and projector when doing HD-DVD / Blu-ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks