What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graydon

Auditioning
Real Name
Graydon Stuckey
I would love a new AV receiver to go in my new theater room that I am building right now. I have not finished the wall coverings yet so this is the perfect time to provide for all of the new speaker locations.

Thanks,

Graydon

marks302

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Stivers
I would love to upgrade to Dolby Atmos via this new Onkyo 1030. I've been a loyal Onkyo user for the last 15 years and currently have the 809. Just last year I remodeled my basement with a home theater room but ran over budget and couldn't upgrade the 809 to an Atmos capable AVR...but fortunately did all the prewiring necessary for whenever the day came that I did upgrade. Winnng this contest would provide that opportunity. I have two teenage girls who constantly have friends over for "movie nights" because they love watching movies in our theater. I'd love to blow their minds with a new Atmos sound stage!!!!

jcampagna42

Auditioning
Real Name
joe campagna
hmmmm........

why do i want to upgrade to atmos?

the bigger question is why wouldn't you?

Sam the Ham

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam P.
Had an Onkyo TX-SR706 for a few years then POW! Lightning strike! Have been shopping around for an AV amp. Looked at Denon, Yamaha and also the Onkyo. BUT, the TX-NR828 jus a bit out of my price bracket... now maybe the TX-NR1030 might just be the thing I'm waiting for !!!

Timbambam

Auditioning
Real Name
Tiim Bambrough
I would love to update my current system. I have a Denon receiver that is 5.1 surround system currently. I have enough speakers already to do a 9.1 system.I will have to go to a higher end store so I can hear the difference in. Thanks for the opportunity to have a shot at winning.

JReaYS

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremy Rea
I am finishing my basement to be a home theater. I still need a receiver to complete the project! I would love to win!

Kelvin Laffoon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelvin
I want this because my old 5.1 Dolby/DTS system is awesome. This would be even awesomer! Perhaps the most awesomest!

MattHan

Auditioning
Long time lurker on these forums. Posting because I have an Onkyo right now, but it's got the infamous HDMI switching problem. So I'm in the market for a new reciever but definitely couldn't afford something like this for a while. It would be great to hear quality sound again!

crazy88

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor Stevenson
I have a native 7.1 Dolby system and in order to get the best out of the new Atoms soundtracks this would make an awesome upgrade to make me and my guests feel more apart of the movie experience

rdb1960

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
After more than 20 years in my "starter home," I recently bought a newer, larger home. In shopping for this home my main criteria was the bedroom and bath count, but my second most important criteria was finding a home with a floor plan or a room large enough to allow me to set up my home theater system in such a way that the rear surround speakers would actually be behind me, and not mounted on the wall over my head because that's the only place the sofa would fit. It wasn't easy finding that in a house that fit my budget, but after much shopping, I finally found the perfect house for that, and now that I've been in that house for a little over a year, my home theater deserves an upgrade, especially since my 7 year old Denon receiver is overly complex and too difficult to use for the features it offers. This Onkyo TX-NR1030 would be the perfect fit!

OdisN

Auditioning
I like having the latest & greatest in sound and picture, but with 3 little kids in the house it has become more difficult to stay ahead of the curve. However, I do plan to upgrade to 4k in the near future and my current receiver does not support that. The Onkyo would give me that capability, plus the Atmos sound would be the icing on the cake!

70stvfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Silver
Thanks for giving me the chance to win! I'd love to experience the next level in surround sound to fully enjoy a film in total immersive sound!

Scott_Meidroth

Auditioning
I am in serious need of an upgrade. My current AV receiver doesn't even switch audio over HDMI! Atmos would give me real incentive to upgrade my speakers, too...and to upgrade to 4k!

Scott_L

Agent
Real Name
Scott
Dolby Atmos as an upgrade would be fantastic compard to my current aging system. The optimized, dynamic rendering capabilites are a substantial improvement in sound quality and would make home theater a much more immersive, lifelike, dynamic experience.

AstudilloJR

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose P Astudillo
It's like forever been a dream to me and my family to have a professional amplifier, we always go to all links of stores dreaming of having enough money for having one. Always we preferred onkyo, actually we also have their apps on phone(their music player is awesome), nowadays we have a great speaker system but we are lacking of a good receiver. This really would give it the right amplification. Thanks for making this opportunity.

mac1165

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Contreras
I've been enjoying 5.1 for many years, but never upgraded to other multi-channel formats, primarily for financial reasons, but also because I thought more channels really wouldn't make that much difference in the enjoyment of a movie. Having heard Dolby Atmos in a high quality theatre, I'm convinced that this format is worth the leap forward. Of course, winning this awesome Onkyo receiver would make the leap much financially sweeter. Thanks for the opportunity!

RichA

Auditioning
I have a modest theater setup that my wife and I enjoy almost daily. She has had type one diabetes for nearly 40 years and this one of few activities that she can enjoy. This new receiver would greatly enhance our viewing and listening experience with the nearly 800 dvd's and BD's that we have collected.

Ed Howard

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed
I have had several different Home theater Systems Harmon Kardon, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, now I would like to own the best give me a chance to prove It.

Ed Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks