What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony:Reynolds

Auditioning
Because who doesn't want 9.2 sound? Plus, Dolby Atmos just sounds cool! Seriously, it's about time for a receiver upgrade anyway. My Pioneer Elite has had a nice run but this would be a nice upgrade. Pick me, pick me! :)

Real Name
Avie
I saw, and heard, a demonstration of Atmos at the AFI Film Festival. I want the receiver with Atmos because I want to be IN the movies I watch, not just see them!

Robert McNay

Agent
Real Name
Robert
I have always liked Onkyo equipment, but it also has been out of my price range. The NAD unit I have now is getting long in the tooth and loses a channel occasionally, so I really would like to replace it. I would also like to be able to control my video system from a single remote.

DBrowne25

Auditioning
Real Name
Dustin Browne
I just purchased a ton of Audioquest cables and a Bowers and Wilkins CM setup patiently waiting for the right atmos receiver. This Onkyo would be a perfect complement for my speakers and Sony 55x850B 4k TV considering I don't have a receiver yet.

justin99

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
I'm a full-time PhD student with a wife, two kids, a mortgage, and $100k in student load debt. I need a new system, but cannot afford it.

What do I study? Film sound. No, seriously, I study film sound. My PhD program is in "Moving Image Studies" at Georgia State University, and I've published 3 research articles on various aspects of film sound technology and filmmaking conventions. Don't believe me? Here's my academia.edu profile, where you can download some of my stuff: https://gsu.academia.edu/JustinHorton

I'm set to graduate after the first of the year. This would be a FANTASTIC graduation gift for someone would not only enjoy it, but also put it to great use in my day-to-day job. :rolleyes:

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I bought my dream receiver about 8 years ago, an Onkyo TX-NR905B and to this day i love it still, but with a 3D tv and all the components i have hooked up half my stuff goes direct tot he TV, and i have HDMI cables running through splitters and Optical audio cause i just don't have enough inputs or 3D support on my existing Onkyo. this would give me a great upgrade to make everything work flawlessly again. I also find i need the power of an Onkyo to drive my Paradigm Studio 690-CC centre channel and Studio 60 mains.

I live in Canada so no problem receiving the prize if selected.

TheMerge

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Murgiia
There are so many reasons why I want to own a Dolby Atmos receiver. First off, I'm in a competition with a neighbor on who can annoy my entire apartment complex while watching films. Does my neighbor know we are in competition? Of course not. My current Onkyo reciever is only capable of uncompressed DTS-HD Master Audio at the moment, this is the same sound the cavemen had many moons ago. I want the latest and greatest tech so I can show it off to people and make them feel bad about how they live day to day without sound coming down at you from the ceiling. I want them to go home after they watch a Dolby Atmos track at my house and cry themselves to sleep. I, of course, will be cackling like a bond villian while they listen to their Dolby Digital Plus track on their HD-DVD player. I snort in their general direction! Basically the reason I want to win this is just to feel superior to other people, this sounds shallow but who knows what great things I will accomplish when I am enveloped in sound. I believe having Dolby Atmos will make me a better person.

Daryl RL

Agent
I have had an excellent experience with my current older Onkyo receiver. But it's approaching 10 years old, and my budget for this kind of stuff disappeared when the kids started college. This would be a great upgrade!

patchesj

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremy
Atmos has been brewing for a while and seems like things are working out well. Reproducing ambiance in a home theater setting has always been difficult, this looks like the next logical step.

ripratt

Auditioning
Real Name
Reid Pratt
I would love to win the Onkyo sound system as I have heard they are great. I can't afford to buy one myself due to health problems over the last few years which forced me to stop working. I have a computer home theatre system that my son put together for me a few years ago and the Onkyo receiver would go perfectly with it.

alissaspa

Auditioning
Real Name
Alissa
I want to upgrade to Dolby Atmos because my boyfriend's current Onkyo receiver is faulty and its really stressing him out. Its not his fault. Please choose me to win so he stops spending all his free hours trying to fix the damn thing.

Karl D.

Auditioning
Seven months ago I was compelled to separate from my wife resulting from my shocking discovery of what she was doing. I won't go into the details.

Consequently I had to abandon my home theater consisting of a stand mounted Panasonic front projector & screen, Definitive speaker system/subwoofer, Pioneer Elite universal DVD player, Sony Blu-ray and my beloved Onkyo receiver. Not sure of the model but it's about 10 years old. Since I introduced my 2 amazing teenage daughters into the joys of big picture and sound at home I decided to give them claim to the entire system. They are very happy.

Me on the other hand, am starting from scratch with limited funds at my disposal. This newest receiver from Onkyo would be the cornerstone of my new system and I daresay.....life.

dfc

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
My current receiver is the creaky Insignia unit in the photo. I must sit here and shamefully listen to LA Confidential, Saving Private Ryan and other great films in lowly 2-channel stereo. The Atmos would fill my living room with unimaginable amounts of A/V joy, and bring me solidly into the world of 21st century home entertainment.
insignia-2a.jpg

Mark Hammon

Stunt Coordinator
I need to win this receiver as my wife would leave me if I were to purchase it. On the other hand I would have to buy more speakers which might end in the same result. Hmmmm... If I win, I might lose a wife of 34 years but I will have a brand new receiver...

therris

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I want to be the envy of all my friends for more than just my rhyme/dance skillz.

paul_austin

Second Unit
We are in the process of moving and I have been eyeing our new space for our new home theatre. We were aiming for an Atmos system when the time comes, but other things will take priority (bite my tongue). It has easily been 15 years since we upgraded the receiver and it will be nice to have something that uses modern HDMI connections and modern decoding on it and 3D pass through. New TV, new speakers......the poor receiver never gets the love. This would be awesome as I have been doing some early preliminary shopping around.

Mycosyco

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Rogers
I love great sound when watching movies. Upgrading to this would make the experience the best!

fgsouza

Auditioning
Real Name
Fabiano G. Souza
I want to upgrade to Dolby Atmos to understand the real meaning of virtual reality!

piggydad30

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
I would love to win this receiver while I still have enough hearing to enjoy it :). My last receiver purchase was just a couple of years ago so cannot justify purchasing an uprgrade to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks