What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I've never really had a "home theater" system at all, so winning this would be fantastic. I currently have a 15+ year-old 2-channel Yamaha receiver, a couple of equally aged floor-standing speakers, and that's it!
;-)

hometheaterWC

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I have been putting together a home theater for the past 4 years doing a small portion at a time and doing it mostly by myself. It has been difficult in conjunction with a larger family and other obligations, but it is a great room for family and it is enjoyed immensely. I have been preparing for the ability to upgrade to Dolby Atmos for several months by implementing some ceiling speaker options (including the use of Sylvania Musiclites due to my limited ceiling space options). I don't have the resources to upgrade to an Onkyo 1030 at this time and to fully implemented Dolby Atmos, but I have the speakers and everything else ready. It would be amazing to win a new receiver - I currently have an Onkyo receiver (older model) and enjoy it, however, I really want to use the room and speakers for what it was meant for - Dolby Atmos! This would be the LAST puzzle piece for me through a 4 year journey to "finish" the home theater and have the latest sound formats available for our movies. It would be tremendous to add this receiver and it would be greatly enjoyed by our family.

evergreen1288

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick Mason
I don't have a stereo or a system or 5.1 anything. I would like to hear sound through a rocking great system, maybe listen to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon in surround. That's it. Nothing more to say. Move along. Off with you now.

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
I need the new receiver because my Old Onkyo TX SR 605 is apparently no longer compliant with any new equipment. So without this new AVR i'm going to try jerry rigging it and bypass the old AVR's HDMI handling.

Jerry rigging leads to a rats nest of wires and poor system performance... Gives all us home theater types a bad name when friends come over and see an inferior show... Then they don't want to buy there own equipment because its not worth it and the home theater industry shrivels up and DIES...... All because I would not buy a new AVR.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Dolby ATMOS rocks! My favorite theater in San Diego has over 30 surround speakers around the walls and across the ceiling. The subwoofers in the system really kick butt! And the screen is HUGE, floor to ceiling and wall to wall!

I'd like to have a Onkyo Dolby ATMOS receiver so I can duplicate that awesomeness in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater! It would require the installation of several more speakers, but the effort would be worth it!! So please feel free to pick me! :)

Mark

sysebo

Auditioning
Ever since I started building my 'poor man's home theater,' I have used Onkyo receivers. I am now up to having one that supports 3D and 4k. Adding Dolby Atmos would change the name of my setup, but after witnessing Dolby Atmos in theaters, I would love to be able to add this functionality to my setup at home!

satcomm302

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
I have an Onkyo TX-DS989ver2 that's in need of desperate replacement. This great receiver has held its own throughout all these years, but it's time to move on to bigger and better things. The ability to own this cutting-edge receiver and have the chance to experience Dolby ATMOS, plus HDMI, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies would truly be a dream come true for me.

Thank you Onkyo and Home Theater Forum for this great opportunity!

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm salivating over the prospect of replacing my aging AVR with this sparkling new Dolby Atmos-enabled unit as the heart and nervecenter of my home theater. The best audio experience I've ever had was in an Atmos theater. Someday, I will recreate that experience at home, hopefully with this receiver! Fingers crossed...

oldtubesoundguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Glenn Williams
Dead Denon AVR-1613---twice in 2 years. Now out of warranty---Rats! Need to go back to Onkyo for HT---PLEASE! All preps for 9.2 done. Just waiting for the good news.

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
Would love to hear and experience Atmos for myself. Have a local theater with it, but it's hard to get out there. Also, currently have 5.1 setup because the room doesn't really allow for rear surrounds to be installed, ceiling speakers are more of a possibility.

legendj01

Auditioning
Real Name
Jaime Lin
For years I have been happy with my Onkyo 7.1 a/v receiver. But recently the machine is having problems. So I am doing research on my next unit which will meet today's techonoly standard. This seems like it has the top of the line specs, and I would love to get it for my movie viewing experience.

bayards

Auditioning
Real Name
Howard Pitfield
Already have an "old" Onkyo receiver which has just been relocated after a house move. I now have a 7.1 speaker setup... there are 2 spaces above the front TDL speakers for some Atmos up-firing speakers. Would be lovely to have the amp to match!

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I'd love to upgrade my old Sony ES 5.1 receiver. There always seems to be higher priority things to spend money on than home theater stuff.

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking to upgrade my speakers.

This would provide a perfect opportunity, along with perfectly justifiable "excuse" to do just that.

donchristobal

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Huszar
I would really love to upgrade my home theater sound system to the Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV receiver because all I have is a Sony soundbar with subwoofer. I am severly lacking! :D

Bobby1110

Auditioning
Real Name
Dylan
I'm converting my garage into a home theater and this would really allow me to fill the space with sound.

dmagee32

Auditioning
Real Name
Danielle Magee
I would love to win the Dolby Atmos in my theater because it is hard to hear my TV when it is weather is blistering hot out since we have no air conditioning. We have to have a fan going to keep the house cool and it drowns out the sound of the TV. I would love to win this to actually hear the programming I am watching :)

Michael Perkins

Auditioning
All we have at the house right now is a 15 year old Sony 5.1 system that costed like 250.00, Thank you for the chance at a stellar upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks