What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Fournier

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Fournier
I would like my young son to respect the majesty and variety of the movies and experience them in the highest quality possible. This receiver would make that possbile.

Stiffer752

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
This is the place and he time. I have always been a fan. I am ready to tear into the walls and ceiling to install my system including the Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver!

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I want to upgrade to Dolby AtMOS because I love surround sound. I love theater quality sound period. My father had always been into home audo and since I was old enough to be deemed to responible enough to touch his equipment I have been trying to recreate the theater sound in my home. First, I connected the stereo vcr to one of those boom boxes with the detachable speakers. Not quite there but better. Then he gave me his old technics receiver from the late seventies, much better. As time went by and hometheater avr started to proliferate I did my best to get on and improve the movies at home sound. Still today, I continue to improve my home theater experience and Dolby ATMOS is the next step in that process.

skisax22

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I bought my old Onkyo (Tx-sr806) refurbished 4 years ago and it was one of the many which suffered from a manufacturing defect which for the last 6 months has required it to warm up for 30 minutes to a hour before working and has now rendered it useless. Winning this receiver would let me give Onkyo another chance.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Would love to upgrade but as with most, finances currently does not permit it. This would help achieve that immersive experience that we all seek as HT enthusiasts. Thanks for the chance.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I would like to upgrade to HDMI 2.0 and Dolby Atmos soon to be ready for a 4K display in the near future. My limited experience with Onkyo has always been positive and this looks like a great AVR. I do have some ceiling speakers I picked up and have never installed, I need to figure out how to do that.

Thanks for the opportunity with this contest.

dheath3

Auditioning
Real Name
David Heath
Partially because I've never experienced Atmos and it would be cool to have that experience in my own theater room. But mostly because it would give me the perfect excuse to upgrade my speakers all around!

Amigojose

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael D. Wilson
I don't deserve this award any more than anyone else, and if I were to win, I'd probably have a real battle with the better half to let me install all the speakers that this puppy will support. Nonetheless, I'm willing to give it a try. Thanks for the opportunity!

dannphou

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
Tell you why I want to upgrade to Dolby Atmos? Well, my answer to that would that it would be great to receive "win" this! Since, well, I'm just finishing senior year in High School and starting College in the fall. And well, I'm majoring in a class call "Cinema and Film Studies" and I will be making movies and stuff like that, so it would be cool if my friends and I could listen to things we haven't heard before with this receiver once we finish our project.

So, I know I might not be the winner, but might as well try, right?

Pansy1

Auditioning
Real Name
G
I am in dire need of some new equipment. Came home one day to a smoking hot receiver and I do not mean it in a good way. Smoking and almost on fire. Yikes! Until a new one wanders my way the home theatre will sit silently and sadly awaiting a new one.

locajun

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Have never owned an Onkyo, always wanted one. All I have now is an old pioneer 5.1 surround, with a homemade sub. Time for me to step up to new technology, would love to win this, would be my first step in upgrading.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
After almost two decades in the hobby, we're finally in a position to start upgrading our system to "dream" status. This would be the first big piece.

James Dodson

Auditioning
Real Name
James Dodson
Why should I win?

Well I currently have a Harmon Kardon AV receiver and a 5.1 surround set up but unfortunately the receiver is not powerful enough to run all the speakers, I run full size speakers at the 4 corners, though I have 2 additional full size speakers in the rear but would need to purchase an amp just to run them. I just recently upgraded to a 60" 4K television so it would be nice to have a receiver that can do pass through for the UHD Blu-ray when it comes out as well as pass through for my current Blu-ray etc to free up a few HDMI ports on the TV. Plus it would be a good reason to pull my entertainment center out and re run all my speaker cables and maybe even hook up the remainder of the speakers I already have in place. Need to do some spring cleaning and reorganization of the home theater and this would be the perfect opportunity to do so, aside from the fact the retail on that unit is way beyond anything I could spend on a upgrade

Rocky_Farmer

Auditioning
Real Name
Rocky Farmer
My system is very out-of-date and this would be a wonderful first piece to an upgrade puzzle. And I might be able to convince the wife that I NEED new speakers, since this would be may to much receiver for my current speaker configuration!

Thanks!

chrisang789

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
I would like to upgrade because I bought a new TV and it wont connect to my old surround system receiver. It would make the perfect accessory.

DanielME

Auditioning
I'm just redoing my home theatre and large screen tv and am currently missing a good receiver due to lack of funds. First movie I would watch with this receiver hooked up would be the Lawrence of Arabia blu ray. I want to see and hear it like never before! :)

kevb1959

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Barrett
Well to begin with I've been without a receiver since my Sony fried out a few months back. I've always liked Onkyo but could never afford their high end stuff. Right now I don't have anything and I feel that it would be nice to have a chance to own a really nice piece of equipment like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks