What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the chance!!!

My receiver is getting very long in the tooth and the chance I will get to upgrade anytime in the foreseeable future is somewhere between slim and none. I've been a huge fan of Onkyo since working at a stereo store in college. Great stuff and highly reliable.

timothySP

Auditioning
I built my first home theater room this year, and my wife has finally converted to a HT Junkie. We just had our first child, and she watches a lot more movies! I want to upgrade to Dolby Atmos and really knock her socks off!

ndt.tech

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Scholes
My whole Pioneer system is so old, I almost think it is vacuum tube and pegboard....I could use an upgrade or two....

DrStrangeQuark

Auditioning
Real Name
Joel
My theater (in construction) will be a "9.2" (with .2 meaning dual sub, not Atmos) setup with speakers from Axiom. However, because of a 45 degree angled ceiling slope on the sides (bonus room above garage) the surrounds (side & rear) will be ceiling mounted, and there are also ceiling mounted front heights. It is therefore not really a canonical Atmos setup, although there are "ceiling speakers" involved. Despite limited Atmos market penetration, there are any number of existing soundtracks can benefit from the reconstruction of front heights, via Audyssey DSX, NeoX, IIZ, which are all included, and this receiver would be capable of driving the full complement of speakers on order without external amps. And it would be free. WooHoo.

Gary Stevens

Auditioning
I'd like to add Dolby Atmos to my home theater because I would appreciate a more accurate soundstage. Going from stereo to multichannel made a huge difference in drawing the audience into the movie and making it a thoroughly engaging experience. Dolby Atmos (along with a couple more speakers) will make that experience even more engrossing.

-Gary

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Bye
great sound makes a movie so i would love the immersive sound that Dolby Atmos provide

Jeff6917

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Quite frankly, there is no way i could afford this Onkyo although it would be a welcomed addition to mine or anyones system. I have the kids in college and to many outstanding debts to be able to afford this luxury. However back in the day i would have been all over this lol. Good luck to the winner and you must post picks of the system you integrate it into.

Videot

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Hoffman
For the past few years, I've been concentrating more on being a dad than being an AV enthusiast. This means I've missed many advances in the field in favor of keeping my gear packed safely away from the prying hands of toddlers. They're still young (4 months, 2 years, and a set of 5-year-old twins) so it'll still be awhile before I invest in a load of new gear... but what a start winning this contest would be!

Jimjum27

Agent
Real Name
Jim J.
My old Onkyo started going on the fritz and, since moving to a new house, I haven't had the motivation to create a new theater space. Just hearing about this new receiver has inspired new ideas and exciting possibilities. My wife however requires more concrete evidence. PLEEEEEEASSSSSEEEE can I win?

lymechili

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad Wilson
9.2-channel Atmos? Are you kidding? Sign me up! Sounds like a great enhancement to the overall moviegoing experience at home!

brentski

Auditioning
Real Name
brent
I haden't checked the HT forum in some time but decided on checking into what the new Atmos was all about.

Then I realized you were giving one away.

I've had Onkyo receivers dating back to my 2007 with the TXSR-605.Then,about 5 years ago I couldn't pass up a sale on the new TXNR-808 which to me,was the best receiver out there.

That was until I heard this Onkyo TXNR-1030 Dolby Atmos Receiver.

I've never been able to upgrade both my HT receiver and speakers at the same time,ever, though it of course makes sense getting the newest of both worlds at the same time to take advantage of the capabilities of both(which of course makes sense) but face it,is just too expensive.

I've been spending a lot of time at the local shop,listening to new speakers as my old polks were due for replacemenets as they were all 12+ yrs old and figured my Onkyo still had capabilities of handling most new speakers.

That,of course,was until I heard new Atmos capable speakers powered by the Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 Dolby Atmos receiver.The sound blew me away as the sounds seemed to be coming from EVERYWHERE.In front, Beside me,above me,around me,this is true surround sound.

I have speakers in mind to take full advantadge of the Atmos receiver,should this ever become a reality.

All I can do is to hope that this dream becomes a reality.

Thank you for this chance.

Scott A D

Auditioning
I am using a Denon 5700 for my home theatre sound processing. I really need an upgrade to show it off to all my tech superior friends.

Jimmyr1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
I'm on my 3rd Onkyo receiver. I would never consider another brand. Absolutely perfect sound reproduction. I've never experienced a single problem with any of the Onkyo receivers that I've owned. As for Dolby Atmos, I'm fortunate enough to have heard a demo. In all my years of being a home cinema fan, I have never heard reproduction on this level. I could literally hear sound swirling around me and overhead. It was as though the sound was tangible. It's a remarkable achievement. To have it in my home would be the pinnacle for my home theater.

BILLONEEG

Grip
Real Name
BILL
I would love to have it because I've never been able to get past having Dolby Pro Logic due to family responsibilities. It would definitely contribute to my "Man Cave" very well. Thank you for this opportunity to enter & have a great year!

Larry Faust

Auditioning
I have just moved into a new house and it is severely lacking in one department- it has no home theater! My old receiver was busted during the move and I am stuck with an old 2 channel rig .I am drooling over the prospect of a true "3D Aural" experience in my knew living room. So please send that Onkyo TX-NR1030 my way!

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
This is a great contest guys, really cool of you to be doing this. I currently own an Onkyo TX-NR809, connected to a pair of Polk LSiM703's, and a Polk LSiM704c for the center channel, and running Paradigm mini Monitor's for surround. Been reading about Dolby Atmos for awhile now, would love to add a couple of speakers on the ceiling for the Atmos effect in a 7.1.2 configuration. It probably adds ALOT more ambiance to movie soundtracks, and I would love to find out. I already own a couple of blu-ray movies with Atmos soundtracks, just can't play them with Atmos as of yet. Good luck to everyone that has entered !

Attachments

• Polk - LSiM703 + LSiM704c - 2.jpg
    Polk - LSiM703 + LSiM704c - 2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks