What's new

Willard - Platinum Series specs (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
New Line Home Entertainment releases the remake of Willard on October 7th.

The Platinum Series DVD will feature both anamorphic widescreen (2:35.1) and fullscreen transfers, Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and DD 2.0 Surround tracks. Extras on tap include an audio commentary with Director Glen Morgan, Producer James Wong, Crispin Glover and R. Lee Ermey; the documentaries "The Year of the Rat" (following the filmmaking process from pre-production on the film through the aftermath of its theatrical opening) and "Rat People: Friends or Foes" (a look at rats and their place in society); deleted scenes; a music video for Crispin Hellion Glover “Ben” (with optional commentary); trailers & TV spots; and DVD-ROM content including "script-to-screen” screenplay feature, a rat gallery, a trivia challenge and the original website.

Retail is $27.98

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I'm glad they gave this a good dvd release especially since it flopped I believe(don't quote me though)

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Looking very forward to this disc! Seriously, Crispin Glover should be nominated for his amazing off-beat performance in "Willard".

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Crispin Glover gave off-beat performance? No way! :D

Seriously, I missed this in the theaters, it didn't run very long. It looked cool, and I'm a fan of Glover. I'll audition it on Netflix.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Yeah, that's an extremely cool pic. Unfortunately, this one was out of theatres too quickly for me to see it. I'm definitely intrigued with any movie starring Crispin. The guy is definitely from another planet; ya gotta love him. Plus the movie got generally favorable reviews (66% Tomatometer rating). I'm there.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If I recall correctly, that's the poster art. Looks like someone could learn from New Line (eehhmm, WB). :)

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
I also missed this movie's theatrical run. Im definetly going to pick this one up. Great coverart. Does anyone know if the Original "Willard" has been released on dvd yet?

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Can't wait to see this one.

And for you Crispin fans, check out Bartleby, which I believe was just released on DVD.

Chris Clark

Agent
Whew! I was going to pitch a fit if they didn't include the music video for "Ben". I haven't even seen the film, but I caught the vid on the official website. It definately got me interested in the film; alas, there were too many movies out at the time and not enough money.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I caught this film in it's brief theatrical run and was very impressed. Definitely didn't get the respect it deserved. I'm definitely picking this up. I'm also glad to see New Line finally release another Platinum Series title as I don't really get into the whole Infinifilm aspect. The only bad thing about this release is the mere inclusion of a Pan & Scan version. Otherwise a great DVD in the making.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks