What's new

Will we ever see the "Ring" movies released in R1?! (1 Viewer)

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Why haven't we seen these released yet? These are some of the best horror movies I've ever seen. I've only had the pleasure of watching "bootleg" copies (haven't seen Ring 0 yet). I would love to have "watchable" movies in my collection. Is there any hope before DreamWorks destroys the title with their remake? Does anyone know of any plans for release?!? Help!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Much like MGM suppressed the (much superior) 1925 Ben Hur when they did the Charlton Heston remake, I presume that Dreamworks bought up the rights to keep it from competing with their movie. Buy the region 2 DVDs and get a modifiable player ($99 at Wal-Mart) and then visit the nerd-out site for the replacement chips.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I know that there is plans to remake this movie in USA.
As for the region 1 DVD'S I am pretty sure they will be getting a region 1 release, I forget who will be releasing them or where I read it but I am sure they will be released sooner or later.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
At least you didn't dis my birthday present to you too bad...
I would love to have "watchable" movies in my collection.
I knew that VHS (shudder and squirms as necessary) wasn't the best in the world but still...
Sniff. Sniff.
frown.gif
wink.gif

Regardless. Allow this to count as my duly noted request for something betterh than Region 2, or VCD with horribly obscuring subtitles, or a Korean remake. My money I wanted to spend on Willy Wonka has to go somewhere. Not too much better than invigorating Japanese horror.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Tyler..
blush.gif

I Really did appreciate the presents...just want to see it as it should be...BTW..Korean remake wasn't that bad (not like the american remake WILL be!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks