What's new

will SVHS vcr output RGB? (1 Viewer)

DannyS

Second Unit
as all my av equipment sound is output through my stereo, will my RGB cables work with my SVHS vcr?

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
I think you mean RCA (Radio Corporation of America pin jack cables) not RGB (Red,Green,Blue component video). There are no consumer grade VCRs available right now that use RGB.
Video cables need to be 75 Ohm coaxial cables. Analog (stereo) audio cables can be simpler. You shouldn't use audio cables for video: they'll distort the signal. However, video cables can be used for audio.
S-VHS VCRs have RF (combined video and audio), composite (single RCA coaxial cable) and S-Video (2 cables in one jacket with 4 pins) inputs and outputs as well as stereo audio (Left & Right RCA cables). The video signal on the composite output is poorer quality than the video signal on the S-Video output.
I hope this clarifies things a little.
------------------
Selden
[Edited last by Selden Ball on November 03, 2001 at 04:04 PM]
[Edited last by Selden Ball on November 03, 2001 at 04:06 PM]

Rutledge

Stunt Coordinator
VHS and S-VHS are color under systems and can't output a RGB signal. At least not in consumer video.
Maybe someone makes a S-video to component cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks