What's new

Will PS1 controllers work on a PS2? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes but it depends on the game. If you need the "pressure sensitive" feature in a game, it might not work. The only game I have tried with an old ps1 dual shock was Madden 2002 and it seemed to work.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Mitty, in general. The only feature PS2 pads have over the PS1 pads are all the buttons are analogue... Generally though, most games on the PS2 aren't really using that feature, and few games *require* that you use the analogue buttons.

We regularly use PSX pads in the office as spare second player PS2 pads.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The PS1 controllers work with all PS2 games as long as they are the Dual Shock ones. The analog button feature doesn't matter (I think) and games that use it will still function without it. But most of the time, they should work.

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
Actually the PS1 controllers don't work properly on all PS2 games. For instance with SSX Tricky, my analog sticks switched functions. (The left one did what the right one was suppose to do, etc...) Which promptly made me buy a third party PS2 controller.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
We're almost always hiring good quality C++/C programmers with a willingness to learn.

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
The problem may have been my MadCatz controller that I was trying to use. Sounds like the regular Sony controllers work fine. Sorry for any confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks