What's new

Namco NeGcon Playstation controller (1 Viewer)

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
The other day I was in EB Games looking in their bin o' crap and came up with a piece of gold (I think): a Namco NeGcon Playstation controller, for $4.99. The clerks had no idea what it was. This is the odd "twisty" racing controller with the hinge in the middle that lets you turn the controller's wings in opposite directions. I remember seeing these in a Montgomery Wards about 5-6 years ago and have ever since regretted not buying one. Now, what do I do with this thing? Are there only certain games I can use it with? I've heard Ridge Racer, Rage Racer and WipeOut mentioned (I just checked with the only PS1 game I have, The Italian Job, and it not only works, it even references the different buttons on the NeGcon). But it doesn't seem to work on GT3 or Auto Modellista, unfortunately. Will a PSX controller not work with PS2 games? I have been using it through a converter on my Dreamcast, and it is a great racing controller.

Peter_A

Second Unit
I don't believe it works at all on the PS2. I tried mine when I had a PS2 and could not get it to work.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
These things must be more rarer in some places. because whenever i go into a FuncoLand I always see 2-3 of these.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I got two of them when I bought a 2nd PSX from a co worker after one of mine crapped out on me. They're just sitting in a box in my basement at the moment.

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks