What's new

Will a Ground-Loop Isolator work with a Digital Cable Box? (1 Viewer)

Graeme Shiomi

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a question about using a Ground Loop Isolator with Digital Cable. I understand (from something I read), that the Ground Loop Isolator will NOT work with Digital Satellite Feeds because DSS systems use DC voltages on the coax for the receiver to control the LNB on the dish. You can not isolate the ground and still pass those control signals.
However, what about Digital Cable feeds? Would filtering the DC Voltages on a Digital Cable feed render the Digital Cable unusable?
Thanks,
Graeme

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
Digital cable uses an analog signal by the time it reaches you. The digital signal is into the cable dish and their receiving equipment. An analog signal is passed from there into your home.
Best regards-Henry
------------------

Gene Severn

Stunt Coordinator
It depends on your cable system. We have a Scientific Atlanta 3100 box. Channels under 100 are analog, channels over 100 are digital. You must check the passband of the ground isolator. It must be greater than or equal to 1 GHz. Anything below will degrade from the quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks