Will a Front Projector Fit In My Room?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DelRay, Oct 7, 2005.

1. DelRay

DelRay Stunt Coordinator

Hi all, Was hoping to get some valuable info about FP setup. To get pics of my ht just click the homepage button. Anyways, I was thinking about setting the Sony RP tv into the wall. That would leave me with about 12 feet from propose screen to the first row of seating. The ceiling is about 7'6". The soffit is 6'5" and is 32 inches deep. I cannot remove it because of ductwork. I can however, install a screen in the rear into the soffit, in front of the recessed tv. Pull down or motorized would work. I was hoping to get about a 90+ inch screen. Would I have to keep the FP low to clear the soffit? And if I do go with a 90 inch screen would the bottom of it be to low for the rear viewers to see? I don't want the projector to be in the way. Could it be hung from the ceiling above the middle of the sofa. Which is about 12 feet from the screen. Got any ideas. Thanks!

2. Jason*H

Jason*H Agent

I dont see Having an issue in your room with a FP.. For example if you were using a sp4805 and you had a throw distance of 12 feet you would get a max screen size of 93.342 diagonal height 45.762 and width 81.355 if you want to get an idea of sizes take a look at this

http://www.infocus.com/service/softw...site_region=1&

Hope this helps
    Jason

3. DelRay

DelRay Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info. The Infocus projectors are some of the ones I'm checking out.