What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Wii connections to a Plasma TV (1 Viewer)

Zing

Agent
Real Name
Todd
I won a Microtek 42" plasma TV earlier this year. I am using it as part of a home theater I am putting in my basement.

Right now I have a DVD, VCR, and a Pioneer receiver hooked up to it. I also have Energy Take 5 speakers connected to the Receiver as well.

The problem I am having is I want to connect a Wii to the Plasma, but I have no more video in's to use. The TV only has 2 video in's and a component in.

Any suggestions on how to connect the Wii to the plasma with out losing any of the other hardware components ? If I had lose the VCR, I would be okay with that.

Zing

Agent
Real Name
Todd
Todd H said:
So the set has no HDMI ports and only has one component input? You could always buy a component switcher.

Then buy a set of Wii component cables and you should be good to go.

If I have an open Component in on the plasma, why would I need the switch ?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

I thought you said you didn't have any more open inputs. Sorry about that.

If you have an open component input, just buy the Wii component cables I listed above and you should be set.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the link -- awesome price! Can anyone attest to the quality of the monoprice Wii component cables?

Zing

Agent
Real Name
Todd

The cable I got from them on Monday sucks. The color is way off and I got a terrible buzzing sound coming from the speakers.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

Sounds like you mixed up the red audio cable with the red component video cable. Swap the two and see if it fixes the problem.

Zing

Agent
Real Name
Todd
I must have mixed the 2 red cables. I re-connected it last night and everything looks good now.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks