What's new

Wicker Man LE (1 Viewer)

Paul T

Auditioning
Has anybody got their copy of The Wicker Man LE yet? If so, is the box numbered in some way?

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I got mine just over a week ago - yes, it is numbered. There's a big sticker on the back that has details of what's inside the case and is numbered, just like the LE tins.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I can't wait. Mine has shipped, but probably won't be here before next weekend!
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Paul T

Auditioning
Jon, where did you get your copy from? I`ve got mine on order from Play 24/7, but they seem to have a bit of a problem with supplying limited edition dvds, like Akira, so i`m a bit worried that i might miss out on it.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
My copy was pre-ordered a couple of months ago at Link Removed , who are part of Movietyme for a bit over four quid cheaper than it's being offered at the moment.
I got it the Friday before last, and a damn fine set it is too!
Excitingly, on the Wicker Man Enigma documentary, there's footage of the National Film Theatre's Wicker Man event during May last year. I went along, but you can't see me (as they only show footage of the queue which is much longer than it appears). But I was there, I swear!
I even got my "In Search of The Wicker Man" book signed by Christopher Lee and Anthony Shaffer!
Here's my review
[Edited last by Jon Robertson on August 19, 2001 at 02:36 PM]

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I remember reading about this film back in, what, 1978 in CINEFANTASTIQUE, and was fascinated. My Uncle owned a couple small indie movie houses here in Seattle, and I convinced him to try and get it. He found it easily enough-though few showed up to see it, save for the University crowd that was nearby...
It was just completely unknown at the time.
And I never saw of it again for quite a while.
This film, despite being low budget, is simply amazing....
It is too bad that the original cut is not preserved. This is one film that could use some serious restoring...
Here is a fan page devoted to THE WICKER MAN...(previously posted by Jon)
http://159.92.106.25:80/Steve_P/WM/
The disc is not HT reference material, but still, a film that is WORTH SEEING...
support Anchor Bay....get the cool LE Box....
------------------
[Edited last by Mark_TS on August 25, 2001 at 06:51 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks