What's new

Why I love 'Bottle Rocket'. (1 Viewer)

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
God, so many great lines! I gotta add a few more....

What the fuck is this? Bob, you were told to THOROUGHLY clean the pool this morning.

'cuse me sir, we're closed. Well....uh, what about that guy?

TENGO UNO SITUACION CON MI FAMILIA!

Jackson said you told him I ran away from home, Jack.
Yeah, I might have mentinoed it. Jack, I'm 26 years old, I didn't run away from home. Oh, that's right, you're on that top secret mission...i'm sorry I forgot I wasn't supposed to say anything.

Keep up the intensity, Kumar!

and one of my favs.....

Who is that man.......who is that man? Who...What do you mean?....that's Applejack!

I wanna see a Bottle Rocket Pt. 2!!!!!

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i never get sick of any of those movies, but out of the 3, bottle rocket is by far my favorite. i'd be willing to pay so much for bottle rocket criterion with commentary and the original short. dignan is absolutely priceless, whatta character. i love the part when they are conducting the heist, and dignan asks "who tripped the fire alarm?" and anthony yells "its from all this fuckin smoke man!" and i believe my signature contains the best line in the whole movie....

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
What about:
"Not only did I not want to answer that question, but I didn't want to answer another water-sports question, or see any of these people ever again. Three days later I was on my way to the desert."
"You're really complicated, aren't you?"
"I try not to be."
Priceless. Also:
"I'll have a Tom Collins."
Pieter

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
More faves:

"You're in the Army, yes?"
"No, I just have short hair."

"How does an asshole like Bob get such a nice kitchen?"

"She says you're like trash. You know, like paper floating by. It doesn't sound that bad in Spanish."

Pieter

Charles Guajardo

Stunt Coordinator
Dignan:* "Okay.* Just hear me out. It's called Hinckley Cold Storage.* Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole-vaulting,* laughing gas, choppers.* Can you see how incredible this is going to be...handgliding...Come on!"

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Bob: "You bullying son of a bitch!"
Futureman: "Bully?! Here's a bully for ya'!"
Bob: "Owwww!"
:)
I'm watching it right now while I'm on my lunch break...

Jeff Bock

Auditioning
"What part of Mexico are you from?"

"He looks like a rodeo clown."
"He looks like a little banana."

"Did you see what he had on?"
"Yeah, it was pretty cool."

"How's the weather down there?"

"He poured more water on me."

Eric T

Second Unit
"Did you see what he had on?"
"Yeah, it was pretty cool."
I'm glad someone finally mentioned my favorite quote from the movie.
I guess I'll have to be the dessenting opinion here:
1. Rushmore
2. Bottle Rocket
3. Royal Tennenbaums
I've seen Rushmore about 100 times, and never grow tired of it. Bill Murray is great in that movie. I love the scene where he's attacked by bees in his hotel room, and there's a close-up of his face, first smiling at Max's cleverness, and then gradually snarling. Great stuff.
I've only ever seen Bottle Rocket on VHS, but I'm keeping an eye open for the DVD. A definite purchase.
I liked RT, but I though it was a little too dark and didn't enjoy it as much as the other two. I think I would have enjoyed it more with fewer important characters, if that makes any sense. I just felt like my attention was getting spread a little thin.
Even so, being #3 on my Anderson/Wilson list still puts you above 98% of all the other films out there :)

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Current Rankings:

1 - Bottle Rocket
2 - Rushmore
3 - Royal Tenenbaums

I have only seen Royal Tenenbaums once, opening day, so these rankings could change when it is released to DVD soon. All three films are excellent!!

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Eric,

The Bottle Rocket DVD can be picked up about anywhere. If you can't find it at a B&M, online sellers have plenty. If you want to rent it, I've seen it at Hollywood Video, Blockbuster and Family Video.

Bruce

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
"They'll never catch me... because I'm fucking innocent."
"So, did you enjoy your first visit to the nut house?"
"Hey, come on. Be sensitive to the fact that other people are not comfortable talking about emotional disturbances."
:D

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I would just like to stop and say that Bottle Rocket is one of my favorites as are the Royal Tennenbaums and Rushmore.
When Martin Scorsese (no slouch himself) was on Roger Ebert's TV show and they each selected 10 movies that were the Best Films Of The 90's, Martin chose Bottle Rocket as his #7 choice. (Link below)
The Link

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
Well, when I saw the thread for Bottle Rocket I had to put in my two cents:

"What a lemon! One minute it's running like a top, and the next it's broken down on the side of the road. And I can't fix a car like this, because I don't have the tools! And even if I did have the tools I don't know if I could fix a car like this!"

Come on Criterion - give us a feature packed DVD of Bottle Rocket!

Sorry for break the ice, but what is Bottle Rocket about?.

I became huge Anderson fan after seeing The Royal Tenenbaums, and i am looking for Rushmore.

But what is Bottle Rocket about?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
all of you bottle rocket fans should go to this link.
Link Removed
if you are a true fan of the film, you will not be disappointed.
i promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks