What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: A Man Called Otto (2022) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
“IRRESISTIBLE”
- Pete Hammond, DEADLINE

“THEY SHOULD BE MAKING MOVIES LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME”
- Mark Olsen, LA TIMES

“TOM HANKS IS TRULY MOVING”
- Frank Scheck, THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
468da2fc-4eb4-b6bf-5383-faa67142c8f6.jpg
AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL FEBRUARY 28
ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD MARCH 14
fab6b935-8579-5227-2abc-76cabeec7472.jpg
DIVE DEEPER WITH EXCLUSIVE CONTENT
INCLUDING BEHIND THE SCENES WITH THE CAST AND CREW
AND INSIDE THE RECORDING STUDIO WITH RITA WILSON AND SEBASTIÁN YATRA
PLUS A DELETED SCENE!
SYNOPSIS
Based on the # 1 New York Times bestseller “A Man Called Ove,” A Man Called Otto tells the story of Otto Anderson (Tom Hanks), a grump who no longer sees purpose in his life following the loss of his wife. Otto is ready to end it all, but his plans are interrupted when a lively young family moves in next door, and he meets his match in quick-witted Marisol. She challenges him to see life differently, leading to an unlikely friendship that turns his world around. A heartwarming and funny story about love, loss, and life, A Man Called Ottoshows that family can sometimes be found in the most unexpected places.

BLU-RAY™, DVD AND DIGITAL BONUS MATERIALS
  • Breaking The Rules: Making A Man Called Otto: Go behind the scenes with the incredible cast and crew for an exploration of the filmmaking process that brought A Man Called Otto to the screen!
  • Til You’re Home Music Video
  • In The Studio With Rita Wilson & Sebastián Yatra: Go inside the recording studio with Rita Wilson and Sebastián Yatra as they discuss how the collaboration for the film’s hauntingly beautiful end credit song “‘Til You’re Home” came to life.
  • Deleted Scene: When Marisol needs a ride, Otto must make quick adjustments to his car.
CAST AND CREW
Directed By: Marc Forster
Screenplay By: David Magee
Based on the novel “En Man Som Heter Ove” By Fredrik Backman
And The Film “En Man Som Heter Ove” By Hannes Holm
Produced by: Fredrik Wikström Nicastro, Rita Wilson, Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman
Executive Producers: Marc Forster, Renée Wolfe, Louise Rosner, David Magee, Michael Porseryd, Tim King, Sudie Smyth, Steven Shareshian, Celia Costas, Neda Backman, Tor Jonasson
Cast: Tom Hanks, Mariana Treviño, Rachel Keller, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Truman Hanks, Mike Birbiglia

SPECS
Run Time: 126 minutes
Rating: This film is rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association for the following reasons: mature thematic material involving suicide attempts, and language.
Blu-ray™: Feature: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1 | Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA | Audio Description Tracks Stereo
DVD: Feature: 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen | Audio Description Tracks Stereo

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm a sucker for some kinds of sentimentality, specifically with regard to animals. I am not a big cat person, but the trailer makes this look good. Rotten Tomatoes does not rank this well at all, but that is true of a number of movies I like. Has anyone seen this? Is it over-the-top saccharine?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm a sucker for some kinds of sentimentality, specifically with regard to animals. I am not a big cat person, but the trailer makes this look good. Rotten Tomatoes does not rank this well at all, but that is true of a number of movies I like. Has anyone seen this? Is it over-the-top saccharine?
I usually go by how the audiences are rating a movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As do I. But on R.T., the audience scores were low, too.
The audience score is 97%.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm a sucker for some kinds of sentimentality, specifically with regard to animals. I am not a big cat person, but the trailer makes this look good.
Considering the cat is on the poster (though not the Blu-ray cover), it isn't really a huge part of the movie. The movie is good and is enhanced by a likable cast.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
It's very similar to a film called A Man Called Ove.
Both based on the book of the same name. I loved the book, and the author, Fredrik Backman, has become one of my favorites. At first thought, Tom Hanks doesn't seem the perfect choice for Otto (Ove), but I guess he can do curmudgeonly as well as anyone these days.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I liked the original film very much. If the remake were a quantum leap improvement over the original, I'd go see it. Otherwise, meh.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The audience score is 97%.

You're right! What R.T. review was I thinking of? Anyway, time to bow out of HFT for a few days and sleep off this (I hope) temporary bout of dementia! :blink:

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
You're right! What R.T. review was I thinking of? Anyway, time to bow out of HFT for a few days and sleep off this (I hope) temporary bout of dementia! :blink:
I hate to tell you, but ----- it never goes away! :biggrin: Wait! What were we talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks