What's new

Who's the boss? dvds!! (1 Viewer)

KatyD

Auditioning
Real Name
Katy Dreier
we need to get season 2 of whos the boss out!! and the rest of the series too!!! :-D its been too long since season 1 came out!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Far too long....I think there's more than a few out here that wonder "why" has this one been delayed or abondoned. Who knows....I'd have to guess it was due to low sales #'s from S1.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I hope I'm wrong but this appears to be yet another classic 80's series that's dead in the water. Are these shows not selling ? It would seem that family shows would do very well since they appeal to multiple generations. Perhaps the possible low sales are because the newer generation of TV viewers are just not as familiar with this show.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I cannot believe that Who's The Boss has apparently flopped, but Full House is getting several releases...GO FIGURE..

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Dan, I figure it's gotta be low sales from S1. Nothing else would seem to be a reason to hibernate or abandon additional seasons releases.

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I want more who's the boss to go with my season 1. I found it funny that full house is so popular too but it was a more recent show and its shown on nick at night. I only brought the first season of full house for the bonus disc with growing pains and step by step.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

WTB? was on Nick at Nite until about a month ago, but you wouldn't know it since it was on at 3:30 in the morning. N@N had to get the 500th showing of The Fresh Prince and Roseanne in to give Boss? a good time slot.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to my world of 'just about given up'. We have been waiting for this one far too long. I think that poor sales is just a bad excuse. I guess they don't know that there are some fans out there waiting for it and that they will probably whatever the price is (like me!). Why not release more than one season at a time and get it over with faster?? I even have to copies of the first Season...Don't ask! lol

So, come on SONY!! Sheesh!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'd sure like to see more WTB too (big Light crush once), but as I've said in the past here (I think it was), if they don't release more they've already released the best it had to offer. -Subsequent seasons all took a nosedive in quality, going progressively worse, I'll admit the next 1 or 2 seasons were okay, but after that - boy oh boy. IMHO, anyhoo.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

That's about it, unfortunately. Maybe it's just a case of a long wait. Who knows in this crazy TV/DVD market. Sometimes, the series' that get released surprise me. Some are nice surprises, though.

Zach.S

Auditioning
Real Name
Zach
Which is quite a shame. The studios should really release 2-3 seasons to test out a show because a lot of times the 1st season is the weakest and a lot of people probably won't buy it for that reason. They might buy the later seasons though. Examples are (obviously YMMV): Seinfeld, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Smallville and so on.

I really wish the studio's would get off their butts and release the later seasons of Who's the Boss and Growing Pains as well. That was my other favorite show growing up and was so happy S1 was released but as it looks like it's not going to get more releases too and I'm very disappointed in that as well. I own all 4 seasons of Dougie Howser and really enjoy watching those old eps, it's such a shame I can't do that with WTB and GP (especially since none are on re-runs at the moment).

Another thought is to do a mass limited time release and just produce a couple 100,000 sets and appease the fans. I bet those items like My So Called Life would become big hits.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It would be a very nice thing, if Sony and other studios sitting on the properties of their abandoned series on dvd farmed out those titles to smaller companies to release on dvd. Anchor Bay, and Lion's Gate come to mind. If Anchor Bay had the rights to Who's The Boss, you can bet your life they would release all of the seasons, in a timely manner to boot.

Chris Wall

Agent
This is a show that is a little surprising didn't sell on dvd since it has star power with Tony Danza and Alyissa Milano, who's had a run on Charmed. I think it's probbaly one of those shows that's only popular in the sense of I'll sit down and watchh when it comes on rather tahn wanting to wtach it on dvd repeatedly.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I guess we can pretty much forget about this one huh?
It makes me sad because this is the one show I want on DVD more than any other...Is all hope gone?

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe not! Who's the Boss is now in reruns on the ION network twice a day. If it does well maybe that will be sign to Sony to get future seasons out!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Don't forget ...Full House had a big cast that covered the whole spectrum..had the "hunk"..the funny guy, the sensible guy, and of course 3 adorable little kids...oh and don't forget, one of those cute kids was the powerhouse known as the Olsen twins.

It was indeed a true 80's/90's "family" show, hence the reason it sells so well.

WtB, while popular at the time, probably just doesn't spark much in the way of re-watchability these days.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'm another one that wants more of this released. Who knows... wouldn't be surprised if we see S2 pop up one day. No one can predict this business.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks