What's new

Whole Home Audio (1 Viewer)

azroadrunner

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete
Fairly new to the home theatre world, and going to be working on changing an older house I am remodeling. I figure now is the opportunity to make the changes I would like....and can maybe afford. The first step I think I would like is to put in some sort of whole home audio system using the Echo Dots from Amazon. I would like to put An Echo Dot in the ceiling of living room, kitchen, master bedroom, and maybe outside patio area. I would like to put speakers in the ceilings of the living room, kitchen, master bedroom, and outside patio area.

I would like to be able to have the Echo Dot only play music in the living room, or something outside, or something different in different rooms, or maybe the same thing in the whole house. I am looking for any help, and all is appreciated. The ceiling is open and accessible right now because of another AC project I have going on, so that should make things a little easier.

My problem is figuring out how to make the whole home audio work. I am not sure if I need an amp for each dot and speaker set in each room, or what? I am also thinking that I could use PoE to power each of the Dots in the ceiling.

Thanks for any and all help. This is the first step in my project. Next will be converting and extra living room into a theatre/game room for the family and kids......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks