What's new

Who has ordered from japandirect? (1 Viewer)

Mike Puett

Grip
Strongly considering ordering a Sharp XV-Z900U from Japan at $4978. Looking for input - good and bad.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Mike-
You might check over at avsforum.com they have a couple of people considering ordering the 9000 through this guy. The only potential downside is the warranty will not be valid in the US; many of the previous buyers have stated that Sharp will work on these projectors in the US, but that you will have to pay.
If it was my money and I wanted the 9000, I'd go to Japandirect.

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
It is best NOT to bring this topic over to the AVS Forum. Quite understandably, discussions releated to overseas projector deals have been recently disallowed at AVS Forum. Remember that forum, is largely funded by AV Science, an equipment seller. Alan Gouger has been very gracious in the minimal degree with which he interferes with threads, but things like Japan Direct directly interfere with AV Science. If AVS doesn't make money, then AVS Forum doesn't get funded. Like the HT forum, AVS Forum is a wonderful, cost-free facility for its members. We just need to remember that we're actually benefitting at someone elses dinner table, not a public utility. One needs to support those who support us.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Just remember, if your projector needs warranty service, it might have to go back to Japan.

There was a recent discussion about a Marantz over at AVS. It came with a bad bulb. Apparently they are sending a replacement at no cost to the buyer, but I suppose it may take a little longer to get.

There's often a price to pay for the cheapest deal.

Deane

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks