What's new

Who has a projector & TV in same setup? (1 Viewer)

Frank_D

Agent
I am planning to purchase an Infocus 4805 and set it up so I can easily switch from the television to the projector.

So I am planning on hooking up the following and want to be able to use them all with the tv or the projector without changing anything:

-HDTV Television Time Warner HD cable box
-Infocus 4508
-Onkyo 770 home theater in a box
-DVD Player
-VCR
-Sony Playstation

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
The easiest way to connect it all up is had if both the box TV and the projector accept all three -- composite, S-video, and component video.

Start by connecting up everything so just the projector works. Next get a composite and S-video switcher. Connect it backwards just before* the projector, that is, unplug the composite and S-video feeds from the projector input and connect these to the switcher "output". Then connect the projector inputs to one switcher "input" and the box TV inputs to another switcher "input" . Get a non-powered component video switcher or A/V switcher. Connect this backwards too, just before the projector, for the component video connections. If the Onkyo (HTIB; receiver) did not have component video connections, you probably had another component video switcher connected normally, forwards, to feed the projector. This is the video feed that goes to the backwards switcher's "output".

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

* The switcher will be better off physically close to the HTIB, with the longer cables going between it and the projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks