What's new

Who else would buy TAXI on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
One of my five favorite sitcoms, and better than Cheers, IMO. Only five seasons, so it never jumped the shark - it went out with dignity. Lots of memorable episodes and quotable lines. Who else is with me? Come on, Paramount!

Jim: Hey, Alex--You know the really great thing about television? If something important happens, anywhere in the world, night or day... you can always change the channel.

Bobby: Mental illness or narcotic addiction?
Jim: Now that's a tough choice...

Louie: Whenever I hear the word "marriage," I say, "Check, please!"

Alex: Jim, when are you finally going to have some pride and stand up for yourself?
Jim: August!

Zena: You got an attitude problem, you got a personality problem, you got a sensitivity problem, you got an emotional problem, you got a maturity problem, you got a sexual problem . . .
Louie: What do you mean?
Zena: That's all you think about!
Louie: And that's the problem?
Zena: Yeah.
Louie: Whew!

Louie: Ignatowski! Where have you been all week?
Jim: I don't work weekends.
Louie: You been gone nine days!
Jim: Yeah . . .
Tony: Jim, weekends are only two days.
Jim: Oh, I thought we'd switched to the metric system.

Elaine: Dress is optional . . . He means how we dress, not if we dress, right?
Alex: No, I don't think so.
Elaine: Why?
Alex: [showing Elaine his invitation] Yours is the only one that says that.

Jim: I went to Woodstock.
Bobby: Oh yeah? You went to Woodstock?
Jim: Yep, half a million people gathered together in peace and harmony, grooving to Joni and The Who...hey, you know, if I hadn't gone, there would have only been 499,999 people...lucky for them I went.

Jim: I don't know what's right, I don't know what's wrong - I don't even know what's going on.

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
I would definetly be in line to pick this up.

My favorite and most memorable episode was the one where they have the DMV test.

" What does a yellow light mean? "

"Slow down"

" Whaaaat does a yellooooow light meeaaan?"

Jim is the man

Raymond

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I definitely would buy it.

I think some of Paramount's reluctance to release Taxi may stem from the fact that this is a show that has a mild case of the "Season 1 Curse" -- that is, a first season that's not quite representative of the rest of the series. The first season was great and Emmy-winning, but it was missing one of the most popular characters from the subsequent seasons (Reverend Jim, who only appeared in one episode as a guest character, and was so popular that he became a regular in season 2) and featured a regular character who was dropped in season 2 (that guy -- Randall Carver). But the first season contains so many excellent episodes -- like the pilot, "Mama Gravas" and "Latka's Wedding" (with Reverend Jim) to name only a few -- that I think it could sell.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I usually don't waste my money on TV on DVD. I only have Babylon 5 so far. That said, I'd be there in a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks