What's new

A Few Words About 'While we wait for A few words about...™ Spartacus -- in Blu-ray' (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
haineshisway said:
Well, we knew it would happen. I read my first complaint of the new Blu-ray and yes on the site you would expect. The complaint? It's better, but the complainer feels there's just something "off" about it, as if Universal had mucked around with a perfectly fine 4K transfer. Note to complainer: No. Just no.

I know how that can be fixed. Stop looking at that "other site." :biggrin:

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
I'm getting increasingly frustrated at reading all of y'all's reviews of this amazing bluray, because Amazon took my money for it 2 days ago, and STILL hasn't shipped it! I know I pre-ordered back in August, and we've been waiting a while as it, but still - I want this in my eyeholes this weekend!

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
haineshisway said:
Well, we knew it would happen. I read my first complaint of the new Blu-ray and yes on the site you would expect. The complaint? It's better, but the complainer feels there's just something "off" about it, as if Universal had mucked around with a perfectly fine 4K transfer. Note to complainer: No. Just no.

There's something "off" alright, but it has nothing to do with the Blu-ray.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Allansfirebird said:
I'm getting increasingly frustrated at reading all of y'all's reviews of this amazing bluray, because Amazon took my money for it 2 days ago, and STILL hasn't shipped it! I know I pre-ordered back in August, and we've been waiting a while as it, but still - I want this in my eyeholes this weekend!

I also pre-ordered a few months ago and it still says preparing for shipment. I guess Amazon sold a lot of copies.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
This Blu ray is PHENOMENAL. Have only watched the movie but am looking forward to wallowing in the extras through the weekend.

EXTREMELY WELL DONE, MR. HARRIS!

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
I agree! Thank you for rescuing this historical piece of art. I can't imagine a better-looking image. The previous bluray looked so processed it was virtually unwatchable.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Be cautious!
turtledove said:
I'm in the UK so Spartacus not out until Monday week. I will still get the steelbook but your gushing is so persistent I'm almost tempted to order from Amazon Canada so that I have it this weekend. That would make 4 copies of one movie on Bluray
I've heard, that in Italy the steelbook has the old BD in the 55th Anniversary case, same here in Germany (confirmed by a user at cinefacs.de).

I will wait for further reports before ordering.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I captured and purchased Criterion's earlier DVD edition of "Spartacus", today.

I did so, solely for it's commentary track.

Guess I'm a completest at heart.

After all, what else can one do while awaiting delivery of the REAL "Spartacus"; except to order the film all over again. ;)

- PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Persianimmortal said:
Guys take it easy on that other site. Remember, if it didn't exist, the muppets posting there would be here instead.

I don't participate on other Blu-ray websites, but I'm constantly wondering why bad behavior there is brought up on forums here. If I wanted to hear what was going on at other websites, I'd just go there.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Josh Steinberg said:
I don't participate on other Blu-ray websites, but I'm constantly wondering why bad behavior there is brought up on forums here. If I wanted to hear what was going on at other websites, I'd just go there.

Agreed. And for the record, there are some very prudent voices heard over there also.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
AshJW said:
Be cautious!

I've heard, that in Italy the steelbook has the old BD in the 55th Anniversary case, same here in Germany (confirmed by a user at cinefacs.de).

I will wait for further reports before ordering.

That just seems too fantastic to believe, but...I've cancelled my steelbook order & ordered it from Amazon.com. I don't have any steelbooks, so I'm not bothered about having one.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Robert Harris said:
Agreed. And for the record, there are some very prudent voices heard over there also.
I occasionally reference the posts because they're so unbelievably ignorant, and if that's what many people are reading, rather than the "prudent" voices here (I've seen very few "prudent" voices there or elsewhere) I feel it necessary to point it out so folks can (as Mr. Harris does) correct them. The misinformation and the "experts" there drive me crazy - not a long drive in my case - and I don't post there but do read every now and then and feel that information cannot stand. Obviously the majority of posts there are not of interest, as, in the case of Spartacus, they involve saving $1.45 (and bragging about it) and whether Amazon will include a slipcase :)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Because they don't like that I correct them and have banned me for life :) I used to correct them all the time, trust me. But, if everyone wants to just let that stuff stand and be available for all to read on the Internet, I shan't mention them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks