1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Which version should I buy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shane L., Feb 14, 2002.

1. Shane L.

Shane L. Auditioning

There's two DVD's I'm interested in purchasing, Bram Stokers : Dracula and The Fifth Element. As you know, there's a "standard" version and a Suberbit version for both. My question is which one is the better buy?

I'm not exactly a home theater enthusiest, so I don't have the HDTV or 5.1 surround setup. I heard some talk around here about them possibly releasing SE's for both these titles. Should I wait to see if they release special editions of these (where I can enjoy some suppliments as well) or buy now?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

2. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

Most reviews said that unless you have either an HDTV or have 20/20 vision, you will not be able to tell the difference. If you have some extra cash get the standard and then buy the special edition when availible. So that is what I would do.

3. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

The main reason to upgrade on both titles is to get the DTS track as well as slightly improved picture quality.

You kind of answered your own question though.... if you don't have a 5.1 system or a decent Television then don't waste your money. Just get the standard versions.

If it makes any difference to you, I thought the DTS track on the SUperbit version of Dracula was a slight upgrade over the original.

J