What's new

Which version of The Patriot is better? (1 Viewer)

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
I was just wondering some opinions about The Patriot DVD. Is there a real advantage to getting the Superbit version. I would really like DTS sound. I am not sure if the original version has DTS?? Just give me some thoughts as to which one to buy and why. :) :)
Thanks,
Darren

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
The SE editiom from before does not have DTS and since I have not seen the superbit version I can't comment on the difference.

Matt

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I thought you meant between the Mel Gibson version and the Steven Seagal version :D
There is a review here that lets you know whether the differences are worth the purchase or not.

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
Very deep review by Bjorn!!
I went ahead and got the SB version. I then came home and compared it with my friends Standard Non-SB Version. The SB version is way more crisp and sharp of a picture. I would have to say that I don't recomend all SB Versions. Like for instance Vertical Limit. I think the only benefit of the Vertical Limit SB Version is you get DTS Sound(Like Ronald said in his review), but you have to sacrifice all the other extras since they won't fit on a disc with such high bitrate. I have said my peace and now it is time for bed.
Darren ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks