What's new

Which unannounced "must have" titles are missing from your collection? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was just making a reference to this in another thread and (with Ernest's reminder of "Brain Games") I thought I'd add this to the list:

HBO's "Not Necessarily the News" (The Complete Series) :)

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Apropos of nothing, what was that sleazy early HBO game show where couples would go on and, I think answer questions about each other and if they got the answer wrong they lost clothing. There were three celebrity guest judges as well, much like the Gong Show. I remember seeing this on VHS in the early 80's and even then it was a few years old, as Fred Dryer was a guest and I don't think Hunter was on the tube yet.

I vaguely remember seeing an ep of Not Necessarily the News. I more fondly recall England's Not The Nine O'Clock News, which may have been BO's inspiration and is available on R2 DVD in a best-of disc.

I think Ron mentioned it earlier, but I'd also like to see The Gong Show Movie turn up on DVD, if only to be able to say I finally saw it all these years later (I desperately wanted to see it back then). Does Chuck Barris own this movie?

Rick Levandusky

Auditioning
These are the VHS and Laserdisc titles I'm looking to replace.

Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
Battle of the Bulge
Wake Island
Torpedo Run
Destination Tokyo
The Enemy Below
Darby's Rangers
Merrill's Marauders
Fighter Squadron
The Boys In Company C
Heroes Of Telemark
PT-109
Air Force
Command Decision
Up Periscope
None But The Brave
Action In The North Atlantic
Strategic Air Command

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Rick

Wake Island is coming out on DVD from Universal on 5/25.

If you have a multi-region player, Heroes of Telemark is out in the UK as a special edition.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Although they've already been released as "bare bones" DVDs, "Before Sunrise" and "Get Shorty" are unreleased as far as I'm concerned until if and when they get the special edition treatment. Those are my favourite movies that I don't have on DVD yet. I'm hoping that the release of their sequels this year will lead to them getting rereleased as special editions, but I'm not sure if a sequel definitely leads to a rerelease of its predecessor.Does anybody know a few examples of movies that got rereleased as special editions after a sequel came out? It would give me some more hope if anybody could come up with some of those.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I'd desperately like to add the following titles from 2 of the most underrated and underrepresented directors (on DVD) of them all:

Douglas Sirk:

Magnificent Obsession
The Tarnished Angels

Anthony Mann:

Man of the West
The Naked Spur
El Cid
Fall of the Roman Empire
The Tin Star (supposedly coming in May)

More Ozu, Fassbinder and Peckinpah would also be nice. :)

WillKTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Orca
Who Dares Wins (Final Option)
Delicatessen (Reg 1)
Martian Chronicles
Cheesy early 80's scifi release, Ice Pirates
Miami Vice (all seasons)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks