What's new

Which teasers/trailers are you tired of seeing before a movie? (1 Viewer)

david stark

Second Unit
so the mask 2 is up there for making the film look awful. I really hate trailers that give away far too much of the film. The Out of Time trailer gave away far too much, not too sure why I saw it since I figured everything out from the trailer.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Torque and Mask 2 are both just awful trailers.

I'm with Scott, I think 3-5 interesting trailers/teasers before the film is part of the experience.

Bad trailers start to wear on you though.

And don't get me started on commercials or even the Coke mini-films which get old really quick.

That damn cowboy roping a car commercial somehow reappeared around here recently. Just when I thought it was dead. :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm so glad Along Came Polly comes out this weekend, I was getting soooo sick of it.

50 First Dates is about to drive me homicidal as well. Okay, it's an Adam Sandler movie, so it's going to suck, but be over-promoted and have people (many of them members of my family) go see it. Fine. But, geez, the sequence that is obviously lifted straight from Mr. Deeds (another trailer I saw too many times) makes me wonder just how completely creatively bankrupt Sandler & company are.

James T

Screenwriter
The piracy commerical, the commerical that advertises purchasing your tickets online and says that girl in the third row is hot, mazda protege, etc. are the ones I loathe the most.

It's basically any preview that is not an actual movie trailer. I love watching the movie trailers on the big screen, regardless of how crappy it looks.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I definitely agree that the Son of Mask trailer is the worst. We just sat there wondering "Are they serious?" It seems to be inducing groans across the country from what I hear.

That said, I used to enjoy seeing some trailers before the movie started, but nowadays when you have to watch an anti-piracy campaign ad follwed by around five commercials for various products, by the time the trailers start, I just want them to get to the movie. Oftentimes, there's literally a twenty minute difference between the "start time" and the actual start time.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Hellboy :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I have only seen the Mask trailer once, but that was definitely enough.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm of the camp that enjoy trailers before a film. Over the last couple of months here the commercials seem greatly reduced as well.

As for ones i'm sick of I would say the Troy teaser. I liked it the first couple of times but over the past couple of months it has been attached to every film I have seen.

Joel C

Screenwriter
The year Jimmy Neutron came out, I saw the preview at least 15 times in the theater, in front of every G, PG, or PG-13 movie I went to. I hated it so much I didn't see the movie until DVD.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Only one, and I can't belive it's on the top trailers of the week here at the HTF...

Catch That Kid

Just a rip off of Spy Kids that has no real originality from what I've seen. I know that if I see it again, i'm going to freak out.

BTW, I liked the "Along Came Polly" trailer. My digital cable here has a service called FreeZone, and I watched the trailer a large number of times from it. This was mainly thanks to its last half, with the song "You Got to Me" by Neil Diamond. I was very ticked that the song wasn't in the actual movie, but then again, that's life.

I think the Barbershop 2 trailer gets the second vote. A movie that didn't need any sequel and although I haven't seen the original, I know that a sequel was very unnecissary in my honest opinion. Seeing the trailer constantly is driving me insane.

sheldon M.

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if it is available nationwide but there is this ticket service called "Fandango" where you can buy tickets online in advance and they have these moronic commercials before every and any movie at the theater. Everyone has seen them 20 times already.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

I was just going to mention this after seeing it again in front of Teacher's Pet. The movie wouldn't look so bad if the kids looked like they were having some fun. But their expressions and line deliveries just reek of boredom. I expect this one to bomb big.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks